The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So much for control of our borders.

Nobody thought it was going to get more difficult, did they?

If we weren't controlling our borders the illegal immigrants would not be getting transferred, I mean intercepted.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So much for control of our borders.

Nobody thought it was going to get more difficult, did they?

A border that was untill a few months ago not Patrolled, Even when we were still part of the EU, Immigrants are/were taking their lives in the Gangs hands, So far the media have said there's only been one recorded death, A Syrian female who fell overboard and drowned.

Now that the UK has left the EU France are giving a helping hand to those immigrants who want to take a chance on living in the UK or be Free to settle in a Country that they are already staying in...France.

I would love to know why they'd dice with death to come to a Country that has left the EU... maybe they've seen Farrage on the TV and agree that the EU isn't what it's all cracked up to be.

15 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Thanks.

Migration Watch have a header on that link, saying they're the voice of the 30 million.

30 million what? 

Don't no, Why didn't you post the other figures of those who made the crossing as you seem to like numbers.

Of course it's far more nuanced an issue than just outraged right-wing fist-shaking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50813246

Should we also not question why Farage is breaking lockdown rules by hiring a boat and going out to look at people trying to cross the channel illegally?

And when we've finished questioning that - shall we question whether he actually genuinely gives a crap - or is he just trying to drum up some outrage and keep his face in the media? I don't know why otherwise seemingly intelligent people fall for his manufactured outrage and division tactics

I think we should all try a bit of humanity before commenting on such things. What would it take for you to try and cross the channel in a crummy dinghy?

4 minutes ago, TramRam said:

A border that was untill a few months ago not Patrolled, Even when we were still part of the EU, Immigrants are/were taking their lives in the Gangs hands, So far the media have said there's only been one recorded death, A Syrian female who fell overboard and drowned.

Now that the UK has left the EU France are giving a helping hand to those immigrants who want to take a chance on living in the UK or be Free to settle in a Country that they are already staying in...France.

I would love to know why they'd dice with death to come to a Country that has left the EU... maybe they've seen Farrage on the TV and agree that the EU isn't what it's all cracked up to be.

Probably all coming to train as doctors now they have heard we are scrapping the NHS immigration health surcharge?

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Of course it's far more nuanced an issue than just outraged right-wing fist-shaking

Should we also not question why Farage is breaking lockdown rules by hiring a boat and going out to look at people trying to cross the channel illegally?

And when we've finished questioning that - shall we question whether he actually genuinely gives a crap - or is he just trying to drum up some outrage and keep his face in the media? I don't know why otherwise seemingly intelligent people fall for his manufactured outrage and division tactics

I think we should all try a bit of humanity before commenting on such things. What would it take for you to try and cross the channel in a crummy dinghy?

15 pints and a pair of binoculars last time I tried.

6 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Don't no, Why didn't you post the other figures of those who made the crossing as you seem to like numbers.

Will do.

Of those making the crossing yesterday, which are the most recent figures, 1224 were Premier League footballers returning to the country to resume training, along with 47 agents and 3 young trailists.

If you think I'm wrong, prove it?

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yes, I've questioned why Farage is breaking the rules and think he should be fined £100, perhaps even more, just imagine all the people he could be spreading the virus to out there in the channel. Makes my blood boil.

Whether he gives a crap or is trying to keep his face in the media is irrelevant to the issue in hand. Attack the policy not the person remember...its amazing when you forget to apply that, although think it is just a coincidence that it always happens when it is someone from the right!

Right I've tried the humanity. Must be awful coming from war torn countries or from poverty. They must be absolutely elated when they reach a country where they are welcomed...only to go and risk everything again to flee to a country full of unwelcoming racists. Just doesnt make sense does it. There must be some reason they do it but I just cant put a finger on it.

8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

For one I have no interest on what Farrage has to say, He's done the job he set out to do some 20 + years ago.

I'm all for humanity, But maybe you can answer this question, Why when they are already in a safe Country or have passed through several safe Countries, They would sooner chance losing their lives than live in a Country that has said they would accept them.

6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Will do.

Of those making the crossing yesterday, which are the most recent figures, 1224 were Premier League footballers returning to the country to resume training, along with 47 agents and 3 young trailists.

If you think I'm wrong, prove it?

Why would I think you're wrong, You've proven you can post figures...well done ?

19 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Was hoping Farage was trying to recreate Titanic and he was Jack. Too harsh? 

It's reported that the French find them and make sure they don't drown until they make it into our waters, at which point we think it is safer to get them to land before arresting them.

2 points. 

How much of a poo hole is the rest of the EU that they need to flee it. 

Why do the French fail so miserably in the stopping of dinghies from getting out that far from land in the first place that the only option is to follow them to make sure they don't drown. They can't rescue them because they are allegedly threatening to chuck kids overboard if they do. 

That's what is reported in the Telegraph. 

27 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Why should they even be crossing the channel? All EU countries are safe from war, and so by the rules of seeking asylum I don't see why they should be crossing anyway. Not sure what it's got to do with humanity, these people are economic migrants. France, Germany, other EU countries are plenty wealthy enough to take them. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why should they even be crossing the channel? All EU countries are safe from war, and so by the rules of seeking asylum I don't see why they should be crossing anyway. Not sure what it's got to do with humanity, these people are economic migrants. France, Germany, other EU countries are plenty wealthy enough to take them. 

So are we, shouldn't we take a fair share?

Maybe they have family ties to the UK, speak the language etc etc.

In the same way France accepts migrants with similar links, why wouldn't we?

Germany doesn't have those historic shared links with any African nations, yet settle more migrants than either the UK or France.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

So are we, shouldn't we take a fair share?

Maybe they have family ties to the UK, speak the language etc etc.

In the same way France accepts migrants with similar links, why wouldn't we?

Germany doesn't have those historic shared links with any African nations, yet settle more migrants than either the UK or France.

None of the safe nations around them will take them though? The UK has one of the highest population densities in the world, certainly in Europe. Shouldn't they follow the actual rules for seeking asylum, rather then going through a bunch of safe countries to get here to begin with? 

Archived