Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm really starting to turn opinion on this to be perfectly honest.

Still would be disappointed to see him leave now, but I just cannot see what we're trying to do.

See what business we do in January, see how we improve over the season. But it needs to get better than this because there's just no playing identity whatsoever. No style or identity.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time is needed to rebuild the squad after the state Frank let it in. 4 of our best 5 players from last season aren't at the club anymore (Keogh, Tomori, Mount, Wilson). We're also without a lot of leaders after letting so many leave in the summer (Carson, Pearce, Cole, Johnson, Bryson, Nugent). That's almost our first choice 11 from last season. Considering that was a team which scraped 6th last season, it only seems fair to give Cocu time to replace the lost quality and improve the leadership/experience in the team.

22 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I think what you are explaining is blindly walking down a road for the sake of it.

A coach has to make players better or get them playing in a way that suits them, you can’t just play one way every game, you have to adapt

He's not a miracle worker. This team is not good enough, we need to BUY players. We have Davies and Forsyth at centre back, and we have endless injuries. We have lost two current  champions league players plus Wilson who is playing Premier league football. The team last year without Mount put in some bad performances. We have lost Keogh who was a great defender for us. This team is a mid table side. 

21 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

This team is a mid table side. 

Yes but this is the point, we're not mid table. We're 16th and in danger of sleepwalking into a relegation battle. Wake up everyone, this manager has to get more out of these players.

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Interesting article for a few reasons... Could be posted under Cocu, investment, transfer window or transfers...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/23/Derby-launch-bid-sign-leicester-defender-filip-benkovic-club/

Recycled quotes from a while back from Cocu. Nothing new.

The new investment might put a different slant on timescales of course.

Have not read all 40 pages, these threads depress me. Can't sack him yet TBF. Yes, I understand all the talk of lack of identity and no idea of what we are doing.. Hard to argue against it.

The whole club is culpable, Morris, Manager, Players, Recruitment, everything. It's all just wrong at the moment. Sack Cocu but what then? Rooney?  

The players are stealing a living at the moment. 

Jeeez we are a mess.. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Recycled quotes from a while back from Cocu. Nothing new.

The new investment might put a different slant on timescales of course.

"Derby are offering their full support to Cocu and are ready to make at least three signings after a difficult start in the Championship for the Dutch legend.

Cocu’s team are 17th in the league after one win in eight matches, but Derby’s board view the appointment as a long-term project."

---

?

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"Derby are offering their full support to Cocu and are ready to make at least three signings after a difficult start in the Championship for the Dutch legend.

Cocu’s team are 17th in the league after one win in eight matches, but Derby’s board view the appointment as a long-term project."

---

?

Is that the 'official' Board's vote of confidence in Cocu? ?

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

---

?

It’s never a good sign when the board feel the need to come out and say that the manager has their full support.

5 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

It’s never a good sign when the board feel the need to come out and say that the manager has their full support.

It's probably a worse sign when they say that the manager doesn't have their full support ?

7 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

tbf, they haven't have they, that would have been said when he signed, nothing new, certainly not a vote of confidence quote for me.

2 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

No, no we're not - We're just not playing very well at the moment, classic overreaction to losing a few games, well done....

I wouldn't call it overrreaction.

5 3-0 losses away from home halfway through the season is abysmal, lets be real.

I'm 100% Cocu In, and I know he will turn us around, as soon as he brings in some quality.

I keep seeing this ‘why do we keep trying to play it out’ thing. 

We really don’t anymore. We have changed 

We did it to the extreme when Keogh and Clarke were fit. 

Toned it down after Boro. 

We’ve pretty much abandoned it since Clarke and Roos were injured/dropped. 

Martin won the joint most headers on the pitch against Wednesday (with Tom Lees) and second most against Millwall (Hutchinson first).

We’ve been reduced to long ball. 

On a side-note, THIS is why Keogh was good. His detractors completely underestimated how good he was on the ball. He got the ball on the floor and could be a playmaker from centre-half.

3 hours ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Usually that's the case but the fact they're putting their money behind him and backing him in the transfer window suggests they're telling the #CocuOut brigade that he's going nowhere.

Archived