v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

A big problem is that the system is constantly changing depending on which players are chosen. The team changes so much due to injuries or Cocu deciding to rotate and the players coming in are often drastically different to the players they're replacing which leads to the style of play changing. Bogle plays right back and he forms a key part of our attacking play, but if Wisdom plays there he's much more defensive and doesn't get forward as often. Bielik plays holding mid and we have someone willing to drive us forward, but if Evans plays there he'll usually play short safe passes backwards and sideways. Martin plays and we have a striker who will link up with the midfield and bring them into the game, but if Marriott plays he's looking to get in behind so the midfield then need to create chances for him. Those are just a few examples but it's a pretty common theme for nearly every position in the team. And sure, it's nice to have players who can offer something different, but when there's so much change from game to game I just can't see the team getting into any sort of a positive rhythm. 

That's a fair criticism. Cocu's hands are tied somewhat as he is currently feeling the effects of a few seasons worth of muddled up recriutment which doesn't help but he has at times appeared to overthink his changes. There was no need for him to bring Dowell in against Blackburn for example (at least not in my opinion).

For what it's worth when we have a full squad to pick from I think we are fine but we haven't really had that at any point yet and Cocu has probably struggled to cope with that.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s all this philosophy twaddle?

This is no intellectual struggle. Just pick 11 fookin players and attack! 

“We will trample upon the weakened owls” Nietzsche

16 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I thought the issue with Sheff Wed was that they recorded the sale in their accounts in a different FY to when the actual sale went through to comply with FFP? 

Yes mate thats correct, what I meant was solely that the EFL agreed to it, said it was acceptable and signed it off.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's almost like the EFL are arbitrarily making it up as they go along.

Honestly they are such an awful organisation...

For example the whole Bury/Bolton situation

And also the Macclesfield situation too, can't afford to pay their players so what do they do? Fine them!

That Debbie woman is clueless. all of them are.

On 08/12/2019 at 17:54, Wolfie20 said:

Main match on SKY Action (some hope) -Ch 407

So this means I can watch it on my hitty BT and Now set up.

So whereas I cannot watch red button all I need to do is buy a NOW TV Sports day pass and it will work right ??

Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

A big problem is that the system is constantly changing depending on which players are chosen. The team changes so much due to injuries or Cocu deciding to rotate and the players coming in are often drastically different to the players they're replacing which leads to the style of play changing. Bogle plays right back and he forms a key part of our attacking play, but if Wisdom plays there he's much more defensive and doesn't get forward as often. Bielik plays holding mid and we have someone willing to drive us forward, but if Evans plays there he'll usually play short safe passes backwards and sideways. Martin plays and we have a striker who will link up with the midfield and bring them into the game, but if Marriott plays he's looking to get in behind so the midfield then need to create chances for him. Those are just a few examples but it's a pretty common theme for nearly every position in the team. And sure, it's nice to have players who can offer something different, but when there's so much change from game to game I just can't see the team getting into any sort of a positive rhythm. 

Think that kinda shows the unbalance of squad , we don’t have too many like for like replacements to cover form dips ,injuries or 3 games a week scenarios 

20 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

So this means I can watch it on my hitty BT and Now set up.

So whereas I cannot watch red button all I need to do is buy a NOW TV Sports day pass and it will work right ??

Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks

Yes, it's broadcast on normal Sky channels not red button so Now TV passes will work ?

38 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I thought that if our game was the featured Sky game then it couldn't also be streamed through the club website. It appears to be on both. 

I assume that it's because we're not the "main" game on sky sports football, but rather a "bonus" game on sky sports action.

I know I’ve said it before but I just think the diamond’s too niche to work regularly. 

It’s too narrow. There isn’t enough width to break a team down and your full-backs are overloaded when you’re defending. 

It only works against another diamond or in open games when you want to outnumber the opponent’s midfield.  

I’d be tempted to try 442. Hamer; Bogle, Davies, Fozzy, Lowe; Holmes, Bielik, Evans, Lawrence; Martin, Marriott. 

Lawrence given the freedom to float and cut inside. Marriott and Martin can both drop in and play-up.

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Fingers crossed that now Knight or Sibley can stake a claim to a place in the team, a lot of people want Sibley in but I've always been impressed with Knight whenever he's had chances with the first team.

What on earth Dowell is doing to get ahead of them I'll never know!

2 hours ago, garytheowl said:

Nice to see the lack of confidence. Personally not seen us win in Derby for about 15 years. 

Hope you are going to the game tomorrow, we need all the help we can get, and with your record, it could be a great night for all us Rams Fans, I will even pay for you to go lol

Massively can't be bothered with this game after suffering that torturous abuse in Blackburn on Saturday. Heard a rumour terror suspects will be forced to watch that until they crack.

Only thing that may potential give me a little bit more enthusiasm is if we get some of the young lads in who might play with some passion, pace and aggression.

Archived