v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lukedcfc said:

Did we score one last season, or the season before that. 

Our second goal last season was the rarest of all goals - a Tom Lawrence header.

6 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I hope he’s got it right, but my comment wasn’t about this game in isolation   It just seems that he make changes every game. No chance of consistency for the players. 

Fair enough but, as I've said elsewhere, I think this season is a free hit, a chance to learn. We won't get relegated so it's fine for Cocu to try different players - to assess them - and different formations - to assess systems for the championship.

Of course, the downsides to that are inconsistent performances and more disappointing results. However, I think that's ok for this season - with a view to the bigger picture.

21 minutes ago, sage said:

I hope I'm wrong but I fear the worst tonight.

Knight and Whittaker will really have to step up.

I fear the worst too, for the readability of this forum for the next few days!

Already one loud mouthed old bugger in the Smithfield, having seen the team "Cocu is the worst manager we've EVER had".

Hope this goes well because this is basically the sort of side I’ve been advocating for. Gonna look more clueless than ever before (and that’s saying something) if this goes really poo. Mind, I’ve been saying to move Evans to centre half instead of Forsyth, and have Bielik in CDM. And Lowe at LB too. I’ll blame that not my terrible idea if it’s awful (which it probably will be given I suggested it!)

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Fair enough but, as I've said elsewhere, I think this season is a free hit, a chance to learn. We won't get relegated so it's fine for Cocu to try different players - to assess them - and different formations - to assess systems for the championship.

Of course, the downsides to that are inconsistent performances and more disappointing results. However, I think that's ok for this season - with a view to the bigger picture.

Big statement that 

“we won’t get relegated”

too good to go down and all that ? lol 

The home form is all that’s keeping us from getting properly sucked in, wouldn’t be going around making comments like that just yet ... let’s get the bust Xmas schedule out of the way first at least 

Wayne Rooney's presence in the studio is as awkward as you'd expect it to be; but once they got past the cringey questions about how big a deal this all is - a couple of proper questions were posed to him.

Most interestingly he was asked about the youngsters and singled out Jason Knight as being especially impressive in training. Saying he reminded him of himself.

Now we know what the "change in approach" conversation was.

"Frankly, gaffer, until you bring new players in, we can play 4-3-3 and only 4-3-3."

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hope you’re right, mate. Whatever, I’m a ‘keeper’. 

Archived