v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos is much better.. lacking massively in confidence due to fan reaction from the playoff final. 
Despite, Roos’ lack of confidence, Hamer doesn’t look any more commanding in the area and is much worse with the ball at his feet. 

I’d say he’s had several more incidents since Wembley that could have knocked his confidence! 

My matchly optimistic first team XI

GK: Hamer - Roos is working on things in training and until Cocu is happier with what he sees stick with Hamer

RB: Wisdom - Bogle still isn't tip top, give him a rest and get him ready for the next game.

CB: Davies - Club captain.

CB: Foz - Who else?

LB: Lowe - Prefer him to Malone, but both are nearly even matched.

DM: Bielik - Yes.

RCM: Holmes - Underrated imo, brings a lot to the table even though the statistics sometimes don't show it,

LCM: Sibley/Knight - Either one will do, need some more energy and urgency in the team. Would probably say Knight has more of a chance though.

AM: Lawrence - Started to lose his form again, a big game like this could be what he needs to get back on track!

CF: Whittaker - Pace, skill, what we need, Marriott and Waggers aren't firing and I've been calling for more Whitt in the XI.

CF: Martin - For reasons we all know. Doesn't really get the goals but adds a bit of creativity into the XI.

Predictions:

The last time the Wendies beat us at our place was 2006. Many Wendesday fans I've spoke to regard us as a bogey team. Let's hope we can keep that curse going, although we are the curse breakers!

I'm feeling optimistic about this, and I believe that playing 1 or 2 of the youth will be hugely beneficial, and will add what we need to the team.

Are we going to win this? In my eyes the minimum we will get is a point, hopefully we get 3!

Come on you rams!!

I’m trying to get into cocu a head here. I think he’ll look to revert to a back 4 and play a 442 again. I think the team he’ll put out will be 

Hamer

bogle    Wisdom.  Forsyth.   Lowe/ Malone

waggy/ Holmes bielik Knight/Holmes whitticker 

Martin Lawrence 

Well I honestly can’t pick a team for this and guessing cocu has a similar conundrum, nearly all of our team/ squad are so far off any kind of form acceptable for div 2 let alone championship that’s it impossible to guess with any degree of confidence what you are going to get from any of them.

my hope is that training has now been totaly dedicated to passing and movement drills and cardio fitness as we cannot pass a simple ball or create options for the player on the ball ,,,,, forget sheff weds lets get us right

ps

lets pick a formation and stick to it at least there’s more chance we will get it right more often rather than constant change that may never be quite right or enough

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Just remembered Millwall at home is the game after this..

2 home games on the bounce, lets builld this momentum!

Ah the OG Gary Rowett vs the Dutch Gary Rowett. Can’t wait me! What an absolute showcase for football that’s gonna be! Maybe we’ll all just sit in our own half’s for the whole game and the ball will just sit in the centre circle for 90 minutes? Maybe we might see someone try an attack by 80 minutes?!! Imagine the scenes!

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah the OG Gary Rowett vs the Dutch Gary Rowett. Can’t wait me! What an absolute showcase for football that’s gonna be! Maybe we’ll all just sit in our own half’s for the whole game and the ball will just sit in the centre circle for 90 minutes? Maybe we might see someone try an attack by 80 minutes?!! Imagine the scenes!

1 shot in the whole game courtesy of Curtis Davies using his noggin in pure poo house fashion winning us the game in the 93rd minute. Calling it

Would be ok with seeing something like this tbh.                                        

Hamer

Bogle        Wisdom          Fozzy         Lowe

Whitaker        Bielik          Knight

Lawrence

Marriott              Martin

40 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Would be ok with seeing something like this tbh.                                        

Hamer

Bogle        Wisdom          Fozzy         Lowe

Whitaker        Bielik          Knight

Lawrence

Marriott              Martin

Morgan Whittaker in central midfield ?

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I say promote Hector-Ingram to the first team and adopt the U23s strategy of winning 3+ penalties a game.

He's scored 9 goals this season alone, Derby have scored 20 in total.

Might be worth giving him a chance.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I say promote Hector-Ingram to the first team and adopt the U23s strategy of winning 3+ penalties a game.

Be nice to see a couple of young'uns given a start. Much as I've enjoyed watching the U18s and 23s carrying all before them, they do seem a better option than some of their seniors. Risks attached though, for sure.

Archived