v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielik injured? Sibley injured?

Im happy to see some youth players the lineup seems a bit lightweight with Evans, Knight, Whittaker, Bogle and Holmes starting and Dowell, Bird and Lowe on the bench. 

On the other hand they probably cant do any worse than everone else, so happy to see what they can produce.

Is that a 433? Please to god tell me that’s a 433! Halle ducking luyah! A much more balanced looking side there for me. Not too dissimilar to what I put on here as my team in fairness, in structure at least. Bielik missing is obviously not good news, but his was blatantly not fit on Saturday so I guess it’s our only real choice. Rest of the team is justified for me, other than I’m not sure how Malone keeps holding his place. Lowe has been a much much better performer this season, and it’s not even close. Hoping to god it’s like this:

Hamer

Bogle Davies Forsyth Malone

Evans

Holmes Knight

Whittaker Martin Lawrence 

With Bogle back in his proper position, and Knight playing the most advanced midfield role, with Holmes in the deeper Hughes role. Please say it’s like that. That could be beautiful, there’s some actual balance there! And some attackers on the pitch! Finally Cocu, maybe you do have some baalocks after all!

It's unbelievable.

As someone pointed out, it's not necessarily the same people but as a "collective", people were calling for changes. He makes changes and now it's "tinkering"; people were calling for the youngsters, now it's risky playing them.

Please be positive - it's a hour before kick off!! COYR ?

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

With Bogle back in his proper position, and Knight playing the most advanced midfield role, with Holmes in the deeper Hughes role. Please say it’s like that. That could be beautiful, there’s some actual balance there! And some attackers on the pitch! Finally Cocu, maybe you do have some baalocks after all!

Or it could be a load of crap.

I would feel hard done by if I was Andre Wisdom, been solid in the last two games. I hope someone is marking Bannan tonight and Cocu and co have done their homework. Everyone on this forum will know that Bannan will run the game, if left unmarked. Big night for Evans, I feel he is the weak link.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's unbelievable.

As someone pointed out, it's not necessarily the same people but as a "collective", people were calling for changes. He makes changes and now it's "tinkering"; people were calling for the youngsters, now it's risky playing them.

Please be positive - it's a hour before kick off!! COYR ?

I hope he’s got it right, but my comment wasn’t about this game in isolation   It just seems that he make changes every game. No chance of consistency for the players. 

Incidentally,in response to  @nottingram’s  point, I have at no point complained about any individual from Saturday.  I just hope for a more settled team for a few games!

Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

3-1 pi33ed it then on to mr Rowett Saturday to give him a 5-0 spanking ?? 

You don't need to change the word pissed. 

Archived