V Blackburn (A) Matchday Thread

peachmyster
Message added by Day

Sick of this drab style of ‘football’. Backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways. This is not Holland, the championship is about being direct and ruthless. This is boring me to death. Why can’t we just be direct and go forwards. We will continue to regress whilst this clown is in charge.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's more the quality of the football I have an issue with. I can cope with bad results. But when the performance is this bad, where is the improvements? How are we exactly supposed to be moving forward? Isn't that why we got our highly rated coach, to get the most out of the players we have? This is basically just rebranded Rowettball. 

This how I feel. This has similarities to Emery at Arsenal, a manager who is swapping players and formations every game because he has no idea what his best team is and is ending up confusing himself. We talk about players losing confidence but it looks like Cocu has lost his confidence in himself too. I don’t expect Cocu to be sacked this season but if this continues into next season he’s going to be on be very thin ice then there would be a feel that we’ve wasted yet another season. I don’t envy Mel in this situation 

Just now, IslandExile said:

People pointing at Sheffield United and Bristol City BUT they didn't take off immediately the manager arrived, it took a season or two to build it. As it did at Norwich.

And plenty of their fans wanted Johnson and Darke out before things turned around.

Just be patient for flips sake ?

Fair point but was the football this bad?

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I'll give a better example:

If we had hired Darren Moore instead of Phillip Cocu, do you think he would still be in the job after these performances/results?

Again, I'm still behind PC, but it's not a good look.

Absolutely not. I'm also not one for constant sackings but you're bang on, Morris would not have tolerated this.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I’m one of those who likes a “plan b”, but we need to get our own imprint down first by trying to get a plan a down first, which none of us really know is. Our players look confused because we are trying lots of different things. We need to make teams adapt to us instead of us having to adapt to them, that should be our aim in my opinion, whether we achieve that is another matter

14 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

I like Cocu as a man but this is going the same way as Emery for Arsenal. He’s not the man to take us to whatever we are transitioning into, he was known at PSV for his defensive organisation rather than being an attacking manager and we simply don’t have the players for that. I hope Mel wasn’t duped into thinking Cocu is going to eventually make us play beautiful football because Cocu is dutch ,that’s not what is going to happen. We are almost half way through the season and most of us don’t even know our formation or which players are going to play. 

I don’t buy that you need to give manager’s time to see whatever they are trying to do. Nowadays you know within the first few months whether a manager is going to be a success or failure. Look at the effect Bielsa made on Leeds for example or Rodgers on Leicester 

Yes and Jim Smith got things moving almost immediately here 

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

You are joking, right?

So you think Rowett had a better team when he finished top 6?

We had Weimann, Jerome, Olsson, Nugent, Johnson, Hanson. That team was a lot worse than what we have now .

Give me Bielik, Shinnie, Holmes, Bogle, Marriott, Knight, etc over them every day of the week.

Everyone thinks we need world beaters to get out of this league but Sheffield United have shown that’s a load of rubbish.

Keep wishing for better players but you’ll always want better than what we have.

12 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Hate to be the one to break it to you but Cocu isn’t known for his good football, at psv he was known for his defensive pragmatism, often taking off his strikers for defensive minded players when winning, even when against the worst teams in the dutch league. There is nothing wrong with that but he’s not going to make us play beautiful Football and I hope people aren’t expecting that because they’re going to be left disappointed. He’s more akin to a Rowett and clement than a McClaren. 

U mean he does the sort of thing Nigel clough got chastised for 

8 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Well I'm all for giving Cocu time but I'd hoped to see some improvement by now.

The improvement is what's happening in the academy and that those kids are coming through.

They are part, a big part, of the future of this club.

The majority of this first team squad will not be part of the club's future.

Stick it out, just enjoy a pie and a pint and being with your mates at a match. Next season, you will see a massive difference.

Believe ?

Archived