Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Actually I think Martin was up front alone. Bennett was very attached to the left touchline during his 25 minutes on the field. Was doing really well too, I'm desperately disappointed for him.

I thought he played quite close to him

certainly looked it when he burst through the middle to get brought down 

Thought Evans was brilliant today, him and Bielik complimented each other well.

Fozzy though, outstanding.

We are catching up, pre season might have been disrupted a bit..... but we are getting there. 

Cocu is the man

5 home wins on the trot is quite a run - much better today against a well organised side, particularly considering our injuries. Forsyth outstanding - Lowe should get a first choice run - Bielik not allowed to be centre back again - Lawrence playing with confidence. Injury hit line up on Tues could be a challenge but gritty 1-0 wins are inspiring. 

26 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Absolutely bloody love this! This is a man who's won 3 Dutch Eredivisie titles celebrating like he's just won a Champions League. There's been a few murmurings at times about whether Cocu is truly invested here at Derby and also about a lack of animation shown during games, but anyone who doubts his passion and that of the team he's brought with him need only look at this to dispel any such fears. 

There's no doubts chaps and chapettes. Phillip Cocu is a Ram.

COYR

10 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

5 home wins on the trot is quite a run - much better today against a well organised side, particularly considering our injuries. Forsyth outstanding - Lowe should get a first choice run - Bielik not allowed to be centre back again - Lawrence playing with confidence. Injury hit line up on Tues could be a challenge but gritty 1-0 wins are inspiring. 

Thought bielik has his best game for us today 

was immense 

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

At least we seem to have found TL best position.

We know his best position but it will be interesting to see where rooney plays.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting. First time we've tried 3 at the back under Cocu I actually think it could be a good fit personel-wise will definitely suit Bogle and Lower/Malone

We tried 3 at the back quite a bit towards the start of the season. Usually after conceding. Its been a few games since we did though. Its great that we can switch sucessfully between formations though.

Well, after that first half (in particular), I do believe that Cocu's ideals are finally beginning to bear fruit, and that the players are finally "getting it".

Let's hope this forum continues to remain ever patient, showing our trust in the man, his methods, and indeed his team selection(s).  Without that, some on here could have looked somewhat foolish!

?

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Absolutely bloody love this! This is a man who's won 3 Dutch Eredivisie titles celebrating like he's just won a Champions League. There's been a few murmurings at times about whether Cocu is truly invested here at Derby and also about a lack of animation shown during games, but anyone who doubts his passion and that of the team he's brought with him need only look at this to dispel any such fears. 

There's no doubts chaps and chapettes. Phillip Cocu is a Ram.

COYR

Sorry to say it - but Shinnie's accident was the best thing that could happen for us. He's not able to combine and deliverca good pass sp it was nice to get Evans in instead. Now we only need Holmes aut and put Paterson or Dowell in instead. Then we got a fine midfield with mor drive and move of a threat going forward and to score more gools.

Cocky thinking about moving Boylle either up and put Wisdom in at right back is good thinking, because Bogle's defensive play at isn't good enough yet but going forward is much better.

Kegle Roos showed that his isn't good enough - too unsure to make a decision - give Hamer a chance to show his qualities.

Forsyth did fantastic and love is getting better for every game his playing.

Now Cocu needs to demand more simple play with lots of small quick passing then we'll be fine.

37 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Great example today of the difference playing a high energy, quick passing game can make. 

When we dropped deeper they got chance to play but we defended well. 

Shame the best chances fell to Waghorn. 

Really enjoyed my afternoon ?

...and he scored...?

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Like what? I thought they were pretty much all justified and correct and agreed with them all aside from the one where we could/should have had a penalty.

Disagree on the penalty, never in a million years. Bogle fell into him 

Archived