Forsyth - magnificent considering everything 

lowe - very solid

beilick - very good 

Holmes - decent effort on goal  but never looks up much in general play 

Shinnie - looks like a hamstring injury sadly 

Bennett- very good until injured 

Lawrence - deserved a goal and a major threat 

Martin - excellent without getting a chance on goal 

subs Waghorn - a goal that hit him and 3 efforts which he should have at least scored 2 of them

Evans - very steady 

wisdom - nice to see you 

Preston - very average like so many other teams this season 

46 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Great example today of the difference playing a high energy, quick passing game can make. 

When we dropped deeper they got chance to play but we defended well. 

Shame the best chances fell to Waghorn. 

Really enjoyed my afternoon ?

Makes a massive difference having a target man that links it all together and has a sublime touch laying off the ball. Thought they only got into it in the second half, when we didn’t get the ball to Martin’s feet as much as the first half.

Lawrence is developing a great understanding with him and it was good to see others like Holmes for the shot that hit the crossbar, understanding that’s how to play off Martin. No wonder we bossed the first half, we just out thought them with our quick movement; considering Preston have a supposed “mean” defence in terms of goals conceded, I thought we ripped them open numerous times.

Convinced we are going to spank someone at home when we find our shooting boots.

Just got in, and our good home form continues, sort out the away results, and top 6 is on, again thought we should had made it more comfortable, Waghorn missing a couple of great chances, a special mention for Forsyth who has shown plenty of guts and determination to be playing again, read the game well, got rid of it when he needed to, an excellent performance from him, also thought Bielik was very good again, think he will play at the top one day, only 21 years old and has bags of potential, Lawrence and Martin first half was something else, the 1 touch and movement was a joy to be hold, now onto Fulham, I will be there, let's get the 3 points, and really start to kick on, in Cocu I thrust. 

10 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Disagree on the penalty, never in a million years. Bogle fell into him 

He missed their defender who had his arm round Martins neck on 3 separate occasions and his hands on his shoulders on another. Furthermore Holmes was clattered in a sandwich late in the game got nothing but 2 players going for a ball together man on man /  big boy stuff and he gave a free kick against us. And how the guy who rolled on the ground out play and then dragged/kicked  at Duane got away with that I don’t know. 
Started ok perhaps, but I didn’t rate his performance today. 

Some of that football first half was as good as we’ve seen in a good few years, it has to be said. 

Made up for Forsyth. He’s come back from multiple devastating injuries that have killed the likes of Thorne, but just goes about it quietly like the ultimate pro he is. He’s as much Derby as Bryson was. He certainly hasn’t lost that telepathy with Martin’s feet either. 

Big shame for Shinnie having gotten himself in the team, and even Bennett because he was actually having a good game up until he went off. I really rate Evans when fit though, so it’s a chance for him and the likes of Knight to come through. 

Thought Lawrence was fantastic first half and despite the inconsistent label, he’s been very good the last month or two - maybe the lamppost knocked something into him... I jest. 

Shame we couldn’t have capitalised more first half... a four goal half time lead would not have remotely flattered us. 

Bogle’s confidence definitely seems to have taken a knock from the Forest mistake, it would have been great if his second half effort would have flown in. He was the only one making mistakes first half. Have faith in him though.

I am a Roos defender but I can’t attempt to today, unfortunately. 

The referee was fine today for 80 minutes then randomly seemed to decide he wanted an exciting finish. Although I’ve seen them given, no real complaints on the Bogle one. However, baffling that no-foul on Holmes yet then penalised Lawrence for the same thing 30 seconds later.

Be nice now if we don’t go and get battered at Fulham undoing such a positive step. It did seem like the fans had all watched that Cocu video midweek and were really behind him in particular today too. 

What a good win and although lots of individuals have been rightly called out for good performances, the thing that pleased me most about today is the way we played as a team.

Everyone knew what they were doing and did it well, even when asked to play differently second half.

I'd like to know the amount of ground Tom Lawrence covered chasing down and making defensive challenges in the last 30 minutes. He's just one example. The whole team deserves the plaudits for today's hard earned three points.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

That was dubious. But other than that he's had a great game. 

Bollocking roos for time wasting when he didn't have the ball was beyond moronic.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What about foul on Mason Bennett that was stright red card the ref was a joke today.

I thought that could easily have been a red. I think had there not been a change in the laws it would have been 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What about foul on Mason Bennett that was stright red card the ref was a joke today.

Not today, foul and a yellow card was correct and I thought the ref was decent and Preston should have scored if that twit hadn’t touched the ball in the net who was offside because it was going in I believe but an excellent victory for the Rams 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Not today, foul and a yellow card was correct and I thought the ref was decent and Preston should have scored if that twit hadn’t touched the ball in the net who was offside because it was going in I believe but an excellent victory for the Rams 

That is however were the offside rule is broken, had he not touched it and gone in it would have been allowed,  yet clearly intefering with play. The law makers in football are arses.

1 minute ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

First half he was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

I just feel sad we have missed this.

Archived