Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different game if Yates is sent off. 2 footed tackle, whether a yellow or a red doesn’t matter when he boots the ball at Lawrence from a yard way after the whistle. He should have gone regardless of how you slice it. Lawrence should have gone for his tackle, but the ref should have also given him 2 fouls a second before it too... so should never have happened. 

We clearly lack game changers going forward, but we didn’t deserve to lose that. 

3 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Theres a reason no top teams play 2 up front. You cant win if you dont control the midfield and have some half decent possession. We'd got nothing so hit it long. No good

So you'd favour two wide players like waghorn and zoon?  That does not work. 

5 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Theres a reason no top teams play 2 up front. You cant win if you dont control the midfield and have some half decent possession. We'd got nothing so hit it long. No good

Worked last week. Assume you were on here posting  after last weeks game stating that it was a good result, sure you cant be one of those that only posts when there is something negative to say?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not wanting to argue, really ?

Now about Marriott's (three) chances, they were much easier.

Well his first chance was wider out and narrower angle so certainly not 'much easier', his second was behind him and third, he created the space and at least connected

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ramage talking complete baalocks on radio Derby!!! Massively overreacting. Goals change games, we gifted them one - it was an individual error not down to their pressing or systems and negative tactics. They then had a 15-20 min spell where they were on top, got through it and had some great chances to level. We gifted them a goal and created the best chances of the game. Much improved away performance and signs for me we’re heading in the right direction. Marriott would bag a hat trick on another day

Ramage is spot on. We were second best today

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't know how anyone can say the difference was Bogle's pass.

The difference was we had a central midfield that consisted of green grass and red shirts.

I'm fuming that for the middle of the first half and the entire second half we had 2 DM's stood next to each other, half an inch in front of the CB's and all they wanted to do was drop the ball off to defenders. It's a ducking crime!!!

At least they're back there defending you say?

Yeah, even when the front line presses. They're back there defending. 

And when Ameobi steps inside? Nope, they're gone. Who they there to deal with? Silva? The guy with the freedom of the pitch? 

What the hell are they for? For Curtis "Luiz" Davies to bounce the ball off? 

No wonder the goal came from a defensive error. We only had a defence to do ducking everything. Again!! Just like at Hull. 

Both of them wandering about looking for others to drive the team forward. It's your job!!

Except it's not. Because Cocu loves a midfielder that strolls about laying the ball off. Sign Eric Dier!! The ultimate midfield fraud. Cocu would love him

At Hull we sat and watched Bielik fade to a donkey. Then Shinnie. Then Lawrence. Then Martin. Cocu did nothing

Here we watched us shrink when Bielik went to the backline. Ok, unavoidable sub. But for the next hour we watched those two DM's do nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Zero. Zilch. 

Forest only had to press Bogle and Lowe in. Then watch the suicide show. Between the defenders and Roos there was destined to be a rooster up. 

Then he brings on Waghorn and takes off Shinnie. What did we miss when Shinnie went off? The option to duck around less with pointless midfield passes? Well that's a treat after an hour.

You might say it was a close game. But it wasn't. Derby were not going to win that for as long as that shambolic midfield negativity continued. Just like at Hull when a problem surfaced the game started going one way. No response. 

Sign Eric Dier. Get Kieron Dowell on the pitch. If we are going to continue to play pointless con passes then these will really accelerate the level of fraud going on.

Ave a beer mate, it's saturday ?

Just now, Dimmu said:

I think Forest deserved their win. Goal was just undeserved one... that's the championship for you. Deserved win with the undeserved goal.

Was a draw all day long. I’m sure forest fans would acknowledge that. 

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

So you'd favour two wide players like waghorn and zoon?  That does not work. 

No. Id favour 2 wide players though. Just not those 2. Id fancy flooding the midfield too. 2 up top is out of date im afraid. What next , an inside left and a sweeper? 

20 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Our current crop of players are a bunch of ducking wet Bamfords away from home. duck off.

Discuss. 

OK, let's discuss your statement based on today's performance:

Wet Bamfords (in my mind) implies a lack of effort and fight. I don't think you could accuse them of that today. A lack of quality to turn half chances into good chances and a silly mistake cost us today not being wet.

duck off. Who is that aimed at? Presumably the players. Not sure how to respond to such a pathetic and immature comment. 

In the words of the stadium announcer when the attendance is read out "thank you for your continued support".

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't know how anyone can say the difference was Bogle's pass.

The difference was we had a central midfield that consisted of green grass and red shirts.

I get you're angry but you are posting some uncharacteristic stuff today.

All we have is DMs. That's the problem. We don't have midfielders who want the ball or who have much attacking flare. Apart from Dowell, who you think is crap. (As do I).

You've listed a load of issues but said nothing about how you would have changed it yourself.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Different game if Yates is sent off. 2 footed tackle, whether a yellow or a red doesn’t matter when he boots the ball at Lawrence from a yard way after the whistle. He should have gone regardless of how you slice it. Lawrence should have gone for his tackle, but the ref should have also given him 2 fouls a second before it too... so should never have happened. 

We clearly lack game changers going forward, but we didn’t deserve to lose that. 

I disagree. You play with no midfield and you deserve to be beaten.

I was thinking we could pull a really tight net across the pitch next time. That way the back 4 can still bounce the ball off it but there's more chance it might stop Ameobi stepping inside looking like Arjen Robben. He might trip over it or something. Be nice that, like a step closer to a worthwhile center midfielder 

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

No. Id favour 2 wide players though. Just not those 2. Id fancy flooding the midfield too. 2 up top is out of date im afraid. What next , an inside left and a sweeper? 

I think Bielek with Shinnie and Lawrence is working, I am just massively disappointed with Holmes this season as I hoped he would shine. 

Archived