Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Don't agree, we need two upfront, it was going ok but Bielek is the player to drive us forward.  Formation went to pot when he dropped into defence.  Evans did ok I thought when he came on but he does not have what Bielek has.

Maybe someone should suggest Evans dropping into the centre-back position? Hopefully, Clark isn't too badly injured and will be back soon.

BREAKING NEWS:

Nottinghamshire fire service stand down after earlier reports that the referees car could spontaneously combust at full time.

5 minutes ago, Davide said:

Our away record is similar to a relegation side. This is getting worrying. 

To be honest, I'm less worried after today. Forest weren't great but, apart from a shocking 25 minutes it wasn't that bad. I can't see us winning many away from home but I'm sure we'll pick up a few draws along the way so, provided our home results remain OK then  we shouldn't be in a relegation battle. I haven't checked the records but I'm not sure many teams get relegated if they win most of their home games and pick up a few draws away.

Just now, Rambam said:

He seems to have stumbled across the best formation, and then goes and spoils it by replacing Clarke with Evans, then switching him with Bielik for no good reason. Lost our impetus. 

Clarke was injured ? Was that not a good enough reason ?

Decent performance but gave them a gift. Game changed with the Clarke injury as it Bielik is the focal point of the midfield. Still we had the bette chances but we need to be better on the approach play. Poor reffing once again at the City Ground leaves a sour taste and the anti Derby commentary from sky is shockingly poor.

We are a work in progress, there will be ups and downs. Today is a down but we are improving, a game too far for where we are at right now.

Just now, Rambam said:

He seems to have stumbled across the best formation, and then goes and spoils it by replacing Clarke with Evans, then switching him with Bielik for no good reason. Lost our impetus. 

Yes agree, should have made Clarke play on with the damaged foot....poor management.

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Don't agree, we need two upfront, it was going ok but Bielek is the player to drive us forward.  Formation went to pot when he dropped into defence.  Evans did ok I thought when he came on but he does not have what Bielek has.

Theres a reason no top teams play 2 up front. You cant win if you dont control the midfield and have some half decent possession. We'd got nothing so hit it long. No good

Just now, Tamworthram said:

To be honest, I'm less worried after today. Forest weren't great but, apart from a shocking 25 minutes it wasn't that bad. I can't see us winning many away from home but I'm sure we'll pick up a few draws along the way so, provided our home results remain OK then  we shouldn't be in a relegation battle. I haven't checked the records but I'm not sure many teams get relegated if they win most of their home games and pick up a few draws away.

I doubt we will get in a relegation battle but we have zero chance of pushing for playoffs with this record away continuing (unless we win almost all home games ) 

I agree it was better and overall I’m in the keep patience with Cocu camp but he has to take some responsibility for the control of the game getting away from us due to the tactical switch and the length of time it took him to change it again. There was a good 15 minutes after the goal when he tucked Lowe in very narrow and we had no outlet on the left at all. You can’t blame him for the goal but we were getting pushed back at the beginning of the 2nd half and we should have made more of having two strikers on the pitch and tried to turn them a bit more.

I don't know how anyone can say the difference was Bogle's pass.

The difference was we had a central midfield that consisted of green grass and red shirts.

I'm fuming that for the middle of the first half and the entire second half we had 2 DM's stood next to each other, half an inch in front of the CB's and all they wanted to do was drop the ball off to defenders. It's a ducking crime!!!

At least they're back there defending you say?

Yeah, even when the front line presses. They're back there defending. 

And when Ameobi steps inside? Nope, they're gone. Who they there to deal with? Silva? The guy with the freedom of the pitch? 

What the hell are they for? For Curtis "Luiz" Davies to bounce the ball off? 

No wonder the goal came from a defensive error. We only had a defence to do ducking everything. Again!! Just like at Hull. 

Both of them wandering about looking for others to drive the team forward. It's your job!!

Except it's not. Because Cocu loves a midfielder that strolls about laying the ball off. Sign Eric Dier!! The ultimate midfield fraud. Cocu would love him

At Hull we sat and watched Bielik fade to a donkey. Then Shinnie. Then Lawrence. Then Martin. Cocu did nothing

Here we watched us shrink when Bielik went to the backline. Ok, unavoidable sub. But for the next hour we watched those two DM's do nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. Zero. Zilch. 

Forest only had to press Bogle and Lowe in. Then watch the suicide show. Between the defenders and Roos there was destined to be a rooster up. 

Then he brings on Waghorn and takes off Shinnie. What did we miss when Shinnie went off? The option to duck around less with pointless midfield passes? Well that's a treat after an hour.

You might say it was a close game. But it wasn't. Derby were not going to win that for as long as that shambolic midfield negativity continued. Just like at Hull when a problem surfaced the game started going one way. No response. 

Sign Eric Dier. Get Kieron Dowell on the pitch. If we are going to continue to play pointless con passes then these will really accelerate the level of fraud going on.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Yes agree, should have made Clarke play on with the damaged foot....poor management.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Clarke was injured ? Was that not a good enough reason ?

I think they mean that Evans should have played CB and Bielik stay as CDM

Two pretty crap teams with a real lack of quality decided by an error. Sad to lose it in that way. Draw would have been fair.

Hopefully this investment happens soon and Cocu gets backed. Please can we try and find a young Keogh. Can't take much more of watching Davies try and play out. We're too easy to play against because of it. I'd rather we give Wisdom a try at centreback than stick with what we have right now. I like Davies, it's not his fault. He's being asked to play a way he's not done throughout his entire career and it shows. 

Just now, DJFern94 said:

I think they mean that Evans should have played CB and Bielik stay as CDM

Yes but you do know if we had lost 5-0 they would say exactly the opposite.

Just now, Xlor said:

Theres a reason no top teams play 2 up front. You cant win if you dont control the midfield and have some half decent possession. We'd got nothing so hit it long. No good

It's more to do with the quality behind the two - today it was Holmes (poor), Shinnie (average), Evans (meh), Lawrence (middling), Beleik (okay).

Ramage talking complete baalocks on radio Derby!!! Massively overreacting. Goals change games, we gifted them one - it was an individual error not down to their pressing or systems and negative tactics. They then had a 15-20 min spell where they were on top, got through it and had some great chances to level. We gifted them a goal and created the best chances of the game. Much improved away performance and signs for me we’re heading in the right direction. Marriott would bag a hat trick on another day

Sod it ! Miserable Sunday and Monday morning.

Still it sounded like we competed.

its only a game ( I lie to myself, and as it’s the weekend I’m starting on the red wine )

there will be better days ahead, chin up, stiffen that upper lip. ?☹️

Archived