Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Davide said:

Ramage is spot on. We were second best today

Agreed apart from most of the first half, we were chasing shadows.

And it seems if that was Clarke or Bielik who made that pass, people would not hold back, but because it's Bogle, a lot of people rush to defend him. Yes he's a great player mostly but he is still liable to mistakes and he needs to sort that out. Shocking decision making. Players like Clarke who get stuck in and do a good steady job don't get the plaudits they deserve.

8 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Theres a reason no top teams play 2 up front. You cant win if you dont control the midfield and have some half decent possession. We'd got nothing so hit it long. No good

Top teams have a player who can play up front on his own when playing that formation, we haven’t got that player. PC has tried to do that with different players and it hasn’t worked, playing with the two up top at least gets us further up the field, I’d say we didn’t hit it long enough, we should be playing balls behind the defence to turn them, as it was they were able to push upfield as we didn’t do that.

He needed to get us to compete, get up the pitch and that’s why he is playing 2 up front, it’s not his preferred formation and one that I doubt we will see in the long run, but he is adapting based upon the players to his disposal.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Worked last week. Assume you were on here posting  after last weeks game stating that it was a good result, sure you cant be one of those that only posts when there is something negative to say?

13k comments and youre picking this up? ,??. At home to bottom of the league? No, you assume wrongly. i didnt say it works and i never will. Pep, klopp, rodgers dont favour it either and thats good eniugh for me. Cant score if we dont have the ball (midfielders). 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I disagree. You play with no midfield and you deserve to be beaten.

I was thinking we could pull a really tight net across the pitch next time. That way the back 4 can still bounce the ball off it but there's more chance it might stop Ameobi stepping inside looking like Arjen Robben. He might trip over it or something. Be nice that, like a step closer to a worthwhile center midfielder 

Problem is all our midfielders bar beilik deserve to play in sunday leaguee

Not in the mood to read the all the pages and I fear the wrist slashers and Cocu doubters will be out in force.

Similar to the Hull game... Dominated it, didn't take chances and the home side, playing like the away team, nick it.

If Lawrence first half, Marriott, Martin and Waghorn had properly connected with presentable chances, it would've been different.

Sky commentators didn't even talk about the possible penalty for handball in the first half, even though they showed a slow mo replay.

I'm off now to mopes around for the rest of the day. UTR ?

24 minutes ago, Silko said:

Saw the last 20 mins ... plenty of possession but no shots at all didn’t see the keeper make one save no idea how we are going to get ourselves out of this mess ... possession is nothing if it’s knocking it sideways all the time 

What mess? 

Just now, AdamRam said:

Top teams have a player who can play up front on his own when playing that formation, we haven’t got that player. PC has tried to do that with different players and it hasn’t worked, playing with the two up top at least gets us further up the field, I’d say we didn’t hit it long enough, we should be playing balls behind the defence to turn them, as it was they were able to push upfield as we didn’t do that.

He needed to get us to compete, get up the pitch and that’s why he is playing 2 up front, it’s not his preferred formation and one that I doubt we will see in the long run, but he is adapting based upon the players to his disposal.

Players in behind? Who? Weve no pace. Why play 2 when we havent got any? 

26 minutes ago, Xlor said:

2 up front away from home is shocking. No possesion, long ball, nothing in midfield. Poor formation choice for me. 

Utter Rubbish 

when did u start supporting us?? Last week 

u not seen any of our previous away performances

we haven’t been competitive on the road this year with one up top never mind in it 

we should have e come out of that with at least a point if not for a Bogle howler and another day we take all three 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Utter Rubbish 

when did u start supporting us?? Last week 

u not seen any of our previous away performances

we haven’t been competitive on the road this year with one up top never mind in it 

we should have e come out of that with at least a point if not for a Bogle howler and another day we take all three 

Utter rubbish??. Name me 1 good team that plays 2 up top. 

26 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Don't agree, we need two upfront, it was going ok but Bielek is the player to drive us forward.  Formation went to pot when he dropped into defence.  Evans did ok I thought when he came on but he does not have what Bielek has.

We looked good again when we switched back to the diamond towards the end. If we are going to play the two up top we need Lawrence in the 10 role as the link to midfield. It is pointless playing him on the wing - may as well not play him at all. It didnt help with the bafflign decision to move Bielik into defence as well. Evans would have done more than an adequate job in defence, but he cant play the same role as Bielik in midfield.

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Don't know why you're posting that mate. Don't you know that stats mean nothing, only the result matters.

Apart from at Leeds when we got absolutely battered of course. Did you see our stats for that? Shocking.

You cant have been posting here long enough,  results only matter when it suits, you should go dig out the thread from when we beat hull 5-0 under rowett

11 minutes ago, Xlor said:

No. Id favour 2 wide players though. Just not those 2. Id fancy flooding the midfield too. 2 up top is out of date im afraid. What next , an inside left and a sweeper? 

Desperately searching for a new scapegoat now Keogh isn't here to blame

confused stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Archived