Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlighted the lack of quality we have in the squad once Clarke went off. They closed the avenues down to TL in the second half who was our only dangerous player.

Holmes fails to deliver on so much promise, Marriott gives very little outside the box and CM needs runners around him to be effective.

A bit of a meh performance, can’t blame PC for the cards he has been dealt this season, hopefully he can turn it around but he won’t be able to do that without any funds.

Instinctive reaction is to feel really down after defeat especially to the muppets. But I’m not because In Cocu We Trust. Can see real signs of the ethos he wants from this team. For goodness sake to the doubters give it time 

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

2 up front away from home is shocking. No possesion, long ball, nothing in midfield. Poor formation choice for me. 

Don't agree, we need two upfront, it was going ok but Bielek is the player to drive us forward.  Formation went to pot when he dropped into defence.  Evans did ok I thought when he came on but he does not have what Bielek has.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Is It?  look at our away form.  It is a mentality thing, if we concede first.

Is it? We were a better finish away from going level today. If it was a mentality issue we wouldn’t have seen the effort towards the end of the 2nd half... more likely it would have meant giving up and conceding more. 

Even though we lost I’m feeling a damn site more optimistic now than for a long time. We matched them today and gift wrapped them a winner.  Given their league position they’re really nothing special and with a few tweaks we could yet be challenging at the business end of the season. My only concern is that Cocu seems to have stumbled upon the current formation rather than designed it. That done I’ll sit back and await the ritual slagging off. 

Had the game been refereed properly, forest play most of it with 10 men, and late on Derby get a free kick in a dangerous position rather than a booking against lawrence.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watch it again, there were players in front of him mate and it was a dropping ball.

And the clear chances (at least three) that Marriott missed?

Watched it plenty of times, he connects it is 1-1. Not wanting to argue but he should have scored.  Marriott needs to get his edge/sharpness back.  Hope to see them continue again together

Archived