Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

Not one player I’d give over 6/10. Seriously needs some fresh blood in January. No width, no creativity, no flair. It’s all too bland, I think Boro were just dogshit last weekend BTW and it’s papered over a lot of the flaws in this squad 

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would expect us to come under pressure away to Forest and for most of the second half we were 'under the cosh'... but toward the end I thought we came back into it and the first half was pretty good.   One really bad mistake, and one missed sitter.  That was the real difference.  Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, Forest are better than us this season.  It had to happen one day.  

I know this won't follow the general trend of blood letting that will come, but the last two games have given me a little bit of optimism for the rest of the season.  Far from perfect, but not a complete capitulation and some positive signs (if you're prepared to look for them, accept them and not be all irrational).

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

The most depressing thing is how this utterly average Forest side are so high.

Actually I find it quite heartening - it's a long season, we are playing much better. We missed Clarke. We'll have Rooney and Cocu has us playing in a more positive style. #COYR

Well, after my usual swearing at the final whistle, I need to be objective.  Inconsistent referring went against us.  A stupid mistake cost us. One mistake.  Arrgghh.  But I thought we looked ok. Definite threat going forward.  Lawrence, Marriott and Martin all should have scored.  Cocu needs to have someone tell him not to play Bielik CB, but Evans instead.  All in all though, we're getting there.  Forest are much more settled yet weren't any better than us. In fact we had the better chances.  We just need to hang in there til Xmas then I see a run to the end with Rooney and a couple of Jan transfers. 

If we didn't gift the goal, and it ended 0-0, I don't think there would be any complaints. Clarke going off was never going to help the situation, and if we had our starting 11 for the whole game, I could have seen us creating anything.

Not looking forward to the gloating of the Forest fans at work on Monday, but looking at it objectively. There wasn't much to separate us, and the goal was a gift.

Overall, annoying but promising performance. 

Saw the last 20 mins ... plenty of possession but no shots at all didn’t see the keeper make one save no idea how we are going to get ourselves out of this mess ... possession is nothing if it’s knocking it sideways all the time 

Well that was intensely irritating.

Overall i think until the goal it was even, we lost our heads for a bit, tried towards the end but scuffed our chances when we did have them. I would probably say 1-0 reflected the game

Losing to a goal like that tweeks the rage button, but overall it wasn't that bad a performance, yes, never nice losing losing to forest and i'm not going to try to say it was great, it wasn't, but it wasn't awful and apart from gifting them the goal it was just a bit of a nothing game, no real quality moments, plenty of effort from both sides.

We're OK at home and even though we've lost the last two away, we've not been well beaten like some away games.

It's going to be a long trudge but we shall carry on.

Archived