Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

14 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

Surely they are on dodgy legal ground if they sack the one who was actually left in the car- sacked because he didn't take a paycut?

Very inconsistent approach to this whole ordeal.  Keogh, the scapegoat.  Hope he challenges their decision.

He wasn't left in the car, neither was he unconscious.

He followed the other occupants up the road, albeit at a slower pace.

My guess, he told the other protagonists to scarper, and would follow at his own pace, proper Captains role being carried out to the end.

They'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for the passing emergency services.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tinman said:

Bennett also said he was pressured in to knocking back a jäger bomb...

only one club captain chose to carry on drinking into the night when most of the squad went home.
only one club captain chose not to tell two players not to drive home after having a few drinks. 
only one club captain chose to get in a car with one of those drunk drivers. 
only one club captain neglected to put his seat belt on. 

What tune do we sing that to??

1. We don't know what the club found in it's investigation. He may be more culpable than at first sight.

2. It seems like the club is slow as this has come out from the other end, wither Keogh or his agent may have spat the dummy over the offer and forced the issue.

3. I am sad. I wan't this to go away so I can remeber this Richard Keogh

1) We do not know this is true yet because the club have issued no formal statement

2) Let us presume that it is true and understand that Richard will have the right to appeal the decision to sack him - so we will get nothing from the club other than the decision and outline reasons and, even once the process is complete, nothing more of any substance.  An employment tribunal, should it get that far, will be the only public setting in which the facts will be laid out for everyone's enjoyment

3) Everything else is speculation and tittle tattle which Richard's representatives will, in liaison with national and local media, play for all it's worth in order to get the best possible outcome for their client

4) Let us be upset that an otherwise excellent servant of the club ends his relationship with us in this way

5) And understand that any decision about Richard's continued employment is nothing at all to do with Mason Bennett or Tom Lawrence but a disciplinary decision made by the club following their investigations of the events of that night

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Absolutely. There’s an awful lot of experts on here. Keogh has committed gross misconduct. It does not say what it was that he did but seems it was more gross than the other two. 
Don’t forget the club commitment to support Lawrence, suffering mental issues following the death of his mother either, yet you want him sacked? 

You don't get degrees of gross misconduct you do however get a range of different acts all of which constitute gross misconduct in themselves 

7 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Not done anything wrong? Wow our club captain has got in a car with a drunken younger player and not bothered to put a seatbelt on and now his career is over but he’s not done anything wrong?

He got drunk not driven isnt everybody gonna make a mistake if they are drunk captain or not! Not broke the law its baalocks sack the other 2 

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Lots of people quoting "Gross misconduct".  Lots of people quoting "Should treat them all the same".

Maybe... The gross misconduct doesn't relate to getting pissed.
Maybe... The gross misconduct doesn't relate to being involved in an RTA.
Maybe... The gross misconduct doesn't relate to any laws broken and/or bringing the club into disrepute.

Maybe... The gross misconduct relates to turning up for work covered in stitches, bandages and teetering on crutches, unable to do a day's work for the next 15 months?

If it's the latter, then only one player is affected.

#dontaskme!

See, that would be fair if the club statement didn’t specifically state; “The club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute. The club will be making no further comment at this time regards this matter until the conclusion of any potential appeal.”

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bennett said in court he was going to get a taxi but didn't - why? Keogh was getting a lift from Lawrence, because he asked for one?

When the club put taxis up maybe but there all adults i couldnt give a f### sack keogh sack all 3 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

One thing that confuddles me is people claiming there has been no statement from the club when there clearly has.

Usually the statement is put on the official website and subsequently tweeted out. It's just strange that the only way we've heard about is through journalists.

42 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

It’s not crazy as he’s not capable of doing what the club pay him for it’s as simple as that he will never play at this level again.

If there’s no other reasoning, it seems odd to me that Bennett and Lawrence get fined and Keogh gets sacked just for being a passenger. Surely the same fine for Keogh would have been fair. It’s morally wrong to sack him because he can’t do his job fully.

I don’t know what job you do Daz but if i got injured at a works party and my employer sacked me for gross misconduct after 7 years of employment but let my colleagues off with a final warning/fine, I’d be a bit pi$$ed.

I’m pretty sure this will end up (again) with a out of court settlement. We are an embarrassment ☹️

39 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

How do you know he would have had a decent income, have they released details?

He was on roughly £20k per week before the accident. He could be asked to take a 90+% pay cut and still be on decent wages. Even if they asked to cut down to 1k per week it is still decent wages especially considering he wont have to do any work. Maybe it was lower than that though - maybe thats why he refused.

16 minutes ago, inter politics said:

I won't call someone Keogh's wife, however funny you think it might be, if they have a passionate viewpoint. It just isn't particularly good taste is it. It insinuates the poster's viewpoint is invalid and trying to shoot them down with such a retort is rather poor show in my view.

Fair enough. I hope you feel better soon. A sense of humour bypass is always a tricky operation to get over.

21 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Load of b0ll0x  We are a joke of a club a player who hasnt actually done anything wrong getd the sack the other 2 walkaway lightly Lawrence is wnk and bennett is no better!  Maybe keoghs captain but pretty sure he wasnt cheerleading them 2 to drink drive!  Load of poo! 

What makes you so sure?  Not one person on here has thus far stated that they were there that night... or even know someone who was.

Cheerleading... bullying... taking advantage of seniority... they are all possibilities, as are Keogh being carried to the car in a drunken stupor, or Lawrence "appearing" to be nowhere near drunk.  We just don't know the facts!  

Someone has earlier mentioned the possibility of Keogh causing the accident, albeit from the back seat.  That's a good point that I hadn't previously considered, but again, none of us know!  

Archived