Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Well he wasn't driving and he defo didn't run away from the crash like the other 2 say what you want but there all adults, 2 broke the law 1 got drunk and the 1 who didnt brake the law got done tbe most explain? 

3 broke the law.He did not fasten his seat belt.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There are some very large anomalies in the clubs statements. Firstly stating that they applied the maximum contractual sanction they could in the case of Lawrence and Bennett. Not true. They could have dismissed both for gross misconduct quite justifiably for bringing the clubs name into disrepute, they chose not to take this course of action. 

They then dismissed Keogh for some act of gross misconduct whilst Lawrence and Bennett whom also committed acts of gross misconduct were not. This then just invites criticism of the clubs handling of the matter.

Exactly, it's a very cynical move by the club, just because Bennett and Lawrence are fit to play and therefore still a possible assett. There may be more to it but going on what we do know, I think the club have made a big error here

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We don’t know all the facts and the club are not compelled to reveal them in relation to Keogh, however based on what has been revealed, this does not look good. Easy to conclude (based on what’s in the public domain) that finances have played a role in the disciplinary actions taken and that should be irrelevant. It’s sack them all or sack none of them. 

Be interesting to see how this impacts the squad and also whether Cocu supports the decision. He could walk if he doesn’t! If it galvanises everyone, then maybe Keogh was a bad egg and this is good for the long-term. If he’s as well liked within the squad as it seems, this could do a lot of damage.

Im usually on the positive side when I post, feeling quite negative about this tonight. I honestly think this season has just become about survival. Really hope I’m wrong.

Really sad for a good servant like Keogh to have his Derby career ended in this way. He only has himself to blame, but the club have now handled this badly IMO and we need strong leadership now for this not to drastically affect our season.

All 3 have been judged to be guilty of gross misconduct, interestingly it was the 2 whom weren't dismissed that were found guilty by an independent body specifically our judicial system but not Keogh. Also interestingly Keogh was the only one to get dismissed despite this. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Morally reprehensible and legally dubious as by rights other employees who carried out similar if not worse acts of gross misconduct were not dealt with in the same manner.

Nailed it.

Do you know what the biggest scandal in all of this is? That Bennett is classed as an asset ?

Seriously though, this is from the outside looking in a decision of hypocrisy as he’s been sacked for causing a risk to the public... as a passenger! The two drivers should have been sacked.

Surely Keogh will appeal and if he wins that then this whole sorry saga will plumb new depths.

Such a sad end to a great servants career, he’ll be remembered for two negative events.

Derby County, I am so disappointed in you.

3 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Do you know what the biggest scandal in all of this is? That Bennett is classed as an asset ?

Seriously though, this is from the outside looking in a decision of hypocrisy as he’s been sacked for causing a risk to the public... as a passenger! The two drivers should have been sacked.

Surely Keogh will appeal and if he wins that then this whole sorry saga will plumb need depths.

Such a sad end to a great servants career, he’ll be remembered for two negative events.

Derby County, I am so disappointed in you.

Richard Keogh, I’m disappointed in you! 

i can’t believe how the club is at fault. If not for the actions of these players every other thing would never have happened!!

46 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

3. I am sad. I wan't this to go away so I can remeber this Richard Keogh

Spot on. Love or loathe him, this was one of his finest moments in a Derby shirt. Watching him wind the Leeds fans up at the end was absolute theatre. Not forgetting the great run he did to set up Jack Marriotts goal. Tragic for him and us that it's ended up like this.

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

Richard Keogh, I’m disappointed in you! 

i can’t believe how the club is at fault. If not for the actions of these players every other thing would never have happened!!

The players are at fault for the events on the night absolutely, to get pissed up when it’s not even an international break is disgraceful.

The club should’ve sacked all three players if this is how they saw Keogh’s punishment and been consistent, so yes they are at fault.

1 hour ago, Bristol City said:

Surely they are on dodgy legal ground if they sack the one who was actually left in the car- sacked because he didn't take a paycut?

Very inconsistent approach to this whole ordeal.  Keogh, the scapegoat.  Hope he challenges their decision.

Especially when they themselves say this,

"As we have said from the outset, the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute."

We don't know the full facts but I guess the starting pointing for him would be a case for discrimination.

1 minute ago, Finch said:

Spot on. About time we found new, competent owners. 

Who have Over 1 million pounds a month to spend supporting the losses we make, regardless of other investment that has been pumped into the club. What planet do you live on and can you work an abacus ? 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

How do you know he would have had a decent income, have they released details?

Seriously? If he was on 25k and they cut it to 10k, which is a massive reduction, that is still what i would class as a decent income,  wouldn't you?

Clearly im guessing at 10k but doubt its a million miles off.

I know a lot of you won't agree with me but I actually feel rather sorry for Keogh. What exactly is he guilty of?  Yes he didn't set a good example on that evening but Bennett and Lawrence were the ones who made the decision to drive and both are in their twenties and should know better. Lawrence had even attended a drink driving event prior to this. Yet Keogh is the one who was injured, possibly won't play again certainly not at this level which surely is punishment enough. Now he has the additional punishment  of being sacked. Meanwhile Bennett and Lawrence do some community service probably doing something  people volunteer to do in their free time and are back playing football a week later. 

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

Anyone else thinks maybe Keogh was having a driving lesson? Sober Keogh driving a drunk Lawrence? ? 

The courts found Lawrence guilty of drink driving, didn’t they?

56 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

He wasn't left in the car, neither was he unconscious.

He followed the other occupants up the road, albeit at a slower pace.

My guess, he told the other protagonists to scarper, and would follow at his own pace, proper Captains role being carried out to the end.

They'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for the passing emergency services.

Is this true? ?

Archived