Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Someone has just made a good interesting point.

What if this is Mel pulling off yet another blinder, he publicly offers Keogh a reduced wage or he is sacked, Keogh refuses, we sack him saving the club 25k a week in FFP terms, Mel then pays Keogh X amount out of his own pocket as a decent severance pay and everyone is happy.

Shhhhhhh don't tell Gibson

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Do you think he signed an addendum to his contract once he became Captain?

Is that a standard thing, even if you're wearing a piece of cloth temporarily?

Employment contracts usually have a catch all phrase... Something like 'duties assigned from time to time' and HR have definitions for them. Depending on the culture of the company you may get asked to sign something to accept them. I certainly have at some employers when the scope of my responsibilities have changed. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Still no statement on the website as far as I can see

Give them a chance,  the web team are on a team building night out at baby platinum.

2 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

Ok is it’s easy for us all to be moral about this....but as several of you have said above, the other two were the ones that broke the law.  In some respects you could argue the club should be supporting Keogh.  Just imagine he was sober and it had happened.

Derby not coming out of this situation very well at all.  They’ve handled it very poorly imho.

If he was sober and then still chose to get into a car with a drunk driver, and still chose not to wear his seatbelt - I would have even less sympathy than I have now.

Fact is if Bennett or Lawrence had also refused the punishments laid out to them by the club, and/or had affected their own ability to do their job for Derby, they'd be sacked too.
Unless all clubs are going to start sacking all players who drink drive (fair enough if they do, I'd prefer that - but I want consistency), I'm not on board with sacking the two drivers here. Keogh was entirely responsible for himself.

That being said, I still want us to duck them off somewhere else in January.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Small point but it’s the responsibility of the driver to ensure everybody is wearing a seat belt ( if that rumour is correct)

No its not only if the passenger is 13 years or under. Adult passengers are responsible for putting on their seatbelts not the driver. Check your Highway Code 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Small point but it’s the responsibility of the driver to ensure everybody is wearing a seat belt ( if that rumour is correct)

Not true. 

Once someone hits 14, they're responsible for themselves. Details are on .gov. 

1 minute ago, Bristol City said:

Surely they are on dodgy legal ground if they sack the one who was actually left in the car- sacked because he didn't take a paycut?

Very inconsistent approach to this whole ordeal.  Keogh, the scapegoat.  Hope he challenges their decision.

We've got enough legal experts on here,  we don't need another from another fanbase thanks.

Ps. Ive no idea either but suspect the club will know what they are on with

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He'd probably have a good shot at that if he wore his seatbelt.

Another potential side to this, is that its possible (perhaps likely) there's discord among the squad as a result of this, and Keogh has been acting out.

Depends on how the night played out. 

What if Keogh was told by Lawrence that he was fine to drive. Or he was bundled into Lawrence's car because he was so drunk, hence no seatbelt. 

Can't really get into on this forum, but I think you're being unfair that he has refused the offer on the basis of stubbornness or refusing to accept responsibility. 

There might be something in your last point, though. 

Anyway, I enjoy your match day posts too much to disagree with you too much.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That's actually not true, the responsibility to wear a seatbelt is solely upon the individual, unless the individual is under 14, in which case that is the driver's responsibility
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/wearing-seat-belt-and-exemptions

For some reason it's quite a commonly held misconception, though

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Depends on how the night played out. 

What if Keogh was told by Lawrence that he was fine to drive. Or he was bundled into Lawrence's car because he was so drunk, hence no seatbelt. 

Can't really get into on this forum, but I think you're being unfair that he has refused the offer on the basis of stubbornness or refusing to accept responsibility. 

There might be something in your last point, though. 

Anyway, I enjoy your match day posts too much to disagree with you too much.

That's right; anyone disagrees with me too much I'll stop posting on match days. You hear that, forum?! 

Do not challenge my opinions! ? 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If he was sober and then still chose to get into a car with a drunk driver, and still chose not to wear his seatbelt - I would have even less sympathy than I have now.

Fact is if Bennett or Lawrence had also refused the punishments laid out to them by the club, and/or had affected their own ability to do their job for Derby, they'd be sacked too.
Unless all clubs are going to start sacking all players who drink drive (fair enough if they do, I'd prefer that - but I want consistency), I'm not on board with sacking the two drivers here. Keogh was entirely responsible for himself.

That being said, I still want us to duck them off somewhere else in January.

You can't refuse a punishment if you disagree with the outcome after the disciplinary hearing has taken place you then have the right to appeal against that decision within so many days of a letter being received summarising the outcome. If after that appeal the outcome is not overturned then the original sanction will apply whether you accept that or not 

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Got to feel sorry for Cocu, the atmosphere at the club must stink at the moment and none of it is his doing.  Must wonder what he’s got himself into.

This entirely. The last thing we need now as a club is to ditch the manager or get on his back. We have to support him, I believe this is absolutely critical.

Archived