Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

No its not only if the passenger is 13 years or under. Adult passengers are responsible for putting on their seatbelts not the driver. Check your Highway Code 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not true. 

Once someone hits 14, they're responsible for themselves. Details are on .gov. 

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

That's actually not true, the responsibility to wear a seatbelt is solely upon the individual, unless the individual is under 14, in which case that is the driver's responsibility
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/wearing-seat-belt-and-exemptions

For some reason it's quite a commonly held misconception, though

The one good thing about these events is it brings all of us anoraks together

Just now, JfR said:

The one good thing about these events is it brings all of us anoraks together

Oh jesus is that what I am?

Who do I talk to about deactivating my account?

2 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Don't see how this going to help the club, certainly not this season. Lawrence and Bennett may well receive even more vitriol from the fans now, which is not right nor good for anyone in the team, management and fans.

Why should they though it's the club who have showed a total absence of even handedness not those two

7 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Load of b0ll0x  We are a joke of a club a player who hasnt actually done anything wrong getd the sack the other 2 walkaway lightly Lawrence is wnk and bennett is no better!  Maybe keoghs captain but pretty sure he wasnt cheerleading them 2 to drink drive!  Load of poo! 

How do you know what he was or wasn’t doing ? Odd comment to make without knowing the facts. 

7 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Maybe keoghs captain but pretty sure he wasnt cheerleading them 2 to drink drive!  Load of poo! 

Bennett said in court he was going to get a taxi but didn't - why? Keogh was getting a lift from Lawrence, because he asked for one?

10 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Load of b0ll0x  We are a joke of a club a player who hasnt actually done anything wrong getd the sack the other 2 walkaway lightly Lawrence is wnk and bennett is no better!  Maybe keoghs captain but pretty sure he wasnt cheerleading them 2 to drink drive!  Load of poo! 

Not done anything wrong? Wow our club captain has got in a car with a drunken younger player and not bothered to put a seatbelt on and now his career is over but he’s not done anything wrong?

17 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

What a sad end to a marvellous career. He's played about 350 games for us, Captain for most, cult hero...and it finishes in bitterness and scandal.

We'll miss him. We are missing him. 

Blame who you like, makes no odds now.

I blame Keogh personally, rather than Derby County. Unless DCFC forced him into a car with a guy who was over the limit for drink and crashed his car. If not, I blame the 33 year old father and millionaire who chose to do it.

2 minutes ago, Geriatram said:

There has to be a reason for no official statement,Keogh is still on the OS.Maybe its not true.

Keogh would still be in the span where he is still eligible for an appeal so until he does appeal and the appeal is subsequently heard then there is the potential that the outcome could be overturned 

7 minutes ago, MikeS said:

One thing for sure, I doubt that we are aware of all the facts in this business.

Absolutely. There’s an awful lot of experts on here. Keogh has committed gross misconduct. It does not say what it was that he did but seems it was more gross than the other two. 
Don’t forget the club commitment to support Lawrence, suffering mental issues following the death of his mother either, yet you want him sacked? 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bennett said in court he was going to get a taxi but didn't - why? Keogh was getting a lift from Lawrence, because he asked for one?

Bennett also said he was pressured in to knocking back a jäger bomb...

only one club captain chose to carry on drinking into the night when most of the squad went home.
only one club captain chose not to tell two players not to drive home after having a few drinks. 
only one club captain chose to get in a car with one of those drunk drivers. 
only one club captain neglected to put his seat belt on. 

Keogh left his brains in the bottom of his glass that night and failed to marshall his teammates properly.

Captaincy is not just a bit of rag around the arm, it carries ultimate responsibility to be the best example; to lead, to enforce common sense, and facilitate public & personal safety and discipline. He failed miserably at that time and carries the can.

The other two characters have been penalised at the maximum permitted by the club and have been dealt with fines, driving bans and criminal records by the courts. They are zeros in my eyes; I wouldn't have cared less if they never kicked a ball for the club again - but maintaining their squad status (for now) might salvage some value from them on the pitch (debatable) and as club assets (debatable again). 

Keogh's ill-taken decisions have cost him his career, and it's a bit gobsmacking IMHO for him to have the gall to refuse a huge (if reduced!) sum of money in wages when he is singularly incapable of contributing to the team. 

A gift horse disregarded, and a fair offer from the club in the light of his irrelevance to the club's progress. So, for him to refuse it leaves me quite happy with the club's decision to dispense with his 'services', such as they are.

The players need to regroup, show maximum togetherness and effort, and establish a credible identity with the fanbase by actually achieving club targets on the pitch.

Archived