Investment Close

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Heard rumours a little while back from a shakey itk at best that the investment was an American consortium, including a couple of guys involved in the DC United ownership. 

Makes sense to an extent, somehow we got around the Rooney contract without paying anything to them directly, plus it fits with the rumours that some of the previous American owners are interested in coming back. 

See what will happen on that front, I'd be gobsmacked if this guy was ITK for once though. 

They must be gluttons for punishment!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Sean said:

"Morris will be staying on as chairman and the deal will ensure manager Phillip Cocu will be given funds to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window."

That sounds like music to my ears...

What about FFP ?    If we are up against the FFP limit as speculated, then my understanding is that any new outside investment will not make any difference to what Cocu has available to spend in January.   

Sorry to disappoint. 

It’s a so-far unheard of Russian tycoon who is pumping an extortionate amount of money in to the club to ensure we never fall foul of FFP.

Melov Morriski is an incredibly private man who does not wish to appear in front of, or speak to any media.

16 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

What about FFP ?    If we are up against the FFP limit as speculated, then my understanding is that any new outside investment will not make any difference to what Cocu has available to spend in January.   

Sorry to disappoint. 

Probably not, but it basically helps Mel to continue to finance the club, it basically buys him time, he wants to see the job out but cannot afford to bleed the money has has been. A new investor helps to carry the burden and when we get promoted, this is what we will sing;

We are Derby We are Derby

Mel Morris and Ali Bin Muhammed is our king!

23 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Sorry to disappoint. 

Didn't we record a profit with the stadium sale? I also believe our £20m spending spree with Johnson and Butterfield is now past the 3 year window. 

The only purpose FFP serves is to stop what championship owners did previously - loan themselves money to the club with a gamble of getting promotion. It was a win win for chairman and put clubs at significant risk. This now can't be done under FFP which is great as it protects clubs.

But i believe it's a common misconception that FFP is actually 'Financial Fair Play' in the sense that it stops clubs buying success... that simply isn't true. There's ways and means around it and there's several examples of clubs in the premier league who have taken advantage of this. If Mel wants to improve the squad, he will and FFP won't stop that. This of course offset with the balance of maintaining a sustainable model in terms of wages etc.

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

Sorry to disappoint. 

One potential way of extra money becoming available is if we get a new sponsorship deal. Now I understand why they were putting up a big 'Qatar Airways Stadium' sign earlier today

Hey!
A few of us have commented that Cocu smiles with his eyes.  The reason for the glint still sparkling when being interviewed by Owen and Colin after another 3-0 away mauling, is because he's thinking the fans are wondering whether we should rub the pennies together and buy some untried forward from Aberdeen or an Estonian centre half......when all the time he knows that we are getting our carrier bags ready for shopping in a bigger, up market store.

See what Wolves did? That's nothing. COYR ?

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hey!
A few of us have commented that Cocu smiles with his eyes.  The reason for the glint still sparkling when being interviewed by Owen and Colin after another 3-0 away mauling, is because he's thinking the fans are wondering whether we should rub the pennies together and buy some untried forward from Aberdeen or an Estonian centre half......when all the time he knows that we are getting our carrier bags ready for shopping in a bigger, up market store.

See what Wolves did? That's nothing. COYR ?

So in other words, we are going from Lidl to Aldi

Archived