Wigan Athletic (H) Match Thread

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Squid said:

As work drags on and the day slowly passes by, I'm getting more and more excited about tonight,

Everytime I've listened to radio Derby we've lost or drew - So I'll make sure it isnt on tonight..

COYR

We’ve only won one game that I’ve watched live on tv in the league while in Leeds... and that was at home to Wigan....

FWIW I’m going hull on Saturday and every away game I’ve been to this season we’ve been humped 3-0 so I’d hand your tickets back lads before it’s too late

First time I can recall running out of energy and ideas for picking an 11 and formation. So many imponderables...

Roos is struggling but Hamer has never convinced me in the past.

Bogle seems not 100%, Lowe or Malone? Clarke is off the pace, Davies not convincing..

Dowell, Jozefzoon, Waghorn all struggling to make an impact. Lawrence hot and more often cold. Bielik more hot but cold too. Marriott so patchy, Paterson had no real run at it. Martin is back in favour but in what system. Even Lil Duane has had some hammer whilst Shinnie is now seemingly out of the cold ...and the youth players (Knight, Sibley) who have been on the fringe have not laid a claim to a place.

Really just want Cocu to be able to start to have confidence in a settled team and some decent performances.

I think of the Billy promotion team . Not jam packed full of quality players, just a ststem that worked, a strong mental state and dogged determination.  

I'm really looking forward to watching this game, for some reason. No idea why, just a feeling.

Maybe someone's been spiking my lunches.

Hope our fans are positive and noisy tonight and we can lift our team into a positive start, so we can get stuck in to Wigan and spin them around.

Get the Detroit Spinners on, feel good about the world and sing up for the mighty Rams!

Coz Derby......I'm Working My Way Back To You...........

We're going with a "sort yourselves out you lazy poo heads" strategy, rather than a "alright you're all benched" strategy.

Could work.

But if they are anything like as lethargic as they were last game; then benching everyone becomes the only option ? 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We're going with a "sort yourselves out you lazy poo heads" strategy, rather than a "alright you're all benched" strategy.

Could work.

But if they are anything like as lethargic as they were last game; then benching everyone becomes the only option ? 

Yep, can’t say I agree with that strategy though. Hope it works, but I think it sends out a much better message if you drop those who aren’t putting in the effort. What we’ve done screams that you can be complacent and get away with it. Tbf I’m never happy with a team sheet, but im proper pissed off with that one tonight. Especially when the only change is Martin and that’s not even for another striker.

Archived