Wigan Athletic (H) Match Thread

Ghost of Clough

6 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

45 years a season ticket holder pal and I haven't seen a worse Derby keeper than Roos .

Not negative at all just being honest just because they were a Derby shirt doesn't mean we can't have an opinion or criticise them.

Continue playing Roos and we will lose more than we win that's a fact. 

Middleton? Kellar? Poole? Severn?

Come on, there's been loads of bad ones.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

,the non league clubs he's  gone to on loan have sent him back he never finished a spell.

There as to be better keepers without a club than this clown.

Apart from the club he played for and won promotion with at Wembley, you mean? 

BTW, all his loans have been to league clubs.

Kelle-at-WEMBLEY-with-LP.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

45 years a season ticket holder pal and I haven't seen a worse Derby keeper than Roos .

Not negative at all just being honest just because they were a Derby shirt doesn't mean we can't have an opinion or criticise them.

Do you remember Dave Mckeller? And Yaka Banovic?

They were terrible. Kelle Roos is a long way from being our worst keeper I reckon. 

Quite a way from being our best tho tbf.

So, mid table. Bit like our team.

38 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Win this and we are 4 points off the play offs, which is strange as I thought we’d already been relegated.

Having just seen tonight's results, I was about to post something similar.....it's a big 'if', but 'if' we can win tomorrow the league table could look different again.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

COYR....

5 minutes ago, RamontheMoor said:

Having just seen tonight's results, I was about to post something similar.....it's a big 'if', but 'if' we can win tomorrow the league table could look different again.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

COYR....

It gets said every year, but I think this year it’s more than ever. There is literally nothing between these teams from top to bottom. 

Have a good day and you get a good win, have a poor day and you can get spanked.

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Is this a joke?

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

It gets said every year, but I think this year it’s more than ever. There is literally nothing between these teams from top to bottom. 

Have a good day and you get a good win, have a poor day and you can get spanked.

The championship this year is basically 24 equally poo teams, anyone can and will beat anyone

2 hours ago, philmycocu said:

The championship this year is basically 24 equally poo teams, anyone can and will beat anyone

Though being a poo team that wins the league is preferential to being a poo team that gets relegated ??

Hamer 

Bogle     Davies     Clarke      Malone

Bielek 

Holmes         Dowell 

Paterson                           Lawrence

Martin

3 hours ago, JW37 said:

Hamer 

Bogle     Davies     Clarke      Malone

Bielek 

Holmes         Dowell 

Paterson                           Lawrence

Martin

Dowell ?

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I hope Roos doesn’t drop a clanger in the 1st  10 minutes....toxic atmosphere will be beyond belief 

I don't know what a clanger is but the best you can hope for is that he punches it clear

11 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Name me another Derby goalkeeper who as made as many mistakes as this clown ,the non league clubs he's  gone to on loan have sent him back he never finished a spell.

Literally, the only time he has ever played in non-league was when 'he played a total of nine league matches, keeping five clean sheets, and also played four cup matches, keeping three clean sheets, not conceding a goal in his first six appearances. His form drew the attention of Premier League club Liverpool, with whom he spent a week's trial in early January 2014, as well as Everton, Sunderland and Cardiff City. He also spent time training with Ipswich Town and Bolton Wanderers and was scouted by Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers and Bournemouth. On 23 January 2014, Roos moved to Championship side Derby County after impressing during a trial.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelle_Roos

Have your opinion on Roos all you want, but at least get your bloody facts right.

I think Roos is pants too but I don't feel the anger towards him. The passing in the final third is total garbage and I think that may be having a bigger impact.

I mean the passes attempted and completed from Derby in the final third are total trash for a team that thinks it's a top 6 possession side. I mean it's so far from a top 6 possession side its unreal.

And I think that's why there's doubtful glances aimed at Cocu. We aren't a possession side that looks good on the ball but can't create or score chances. And we aren't a route one ugly side that keeps snatching wins.

We're a possession side that makes glaring errors on the ball frequently and we don't create quality chances. 

Our possession stat is boosted by us losing and our opponents not having to press us. 

In the meat and bones of the game when it comes to possession we are pretty poor. And when it comes to quality on the ball in the final third... my goodness. Total freestyle make it up as we go along. 

I do think Roos is poor though. He's really tall and can use his hands. Yet this advantage seems wasted.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I hope Roos doesn’t drop a clanger in the 1st  10 minutes....toxic atmosphere will be beyond belief 

I was always tempted to drop a clanger listening to that funny noise they made. Then I realised they were puppets and cut them a bit of slack. I was a toddler myself 

Archived