Wigan Athletic (H) Match Thread

Ghost of Clough

Robinson runs the full length of the field along the left wing, after a pass intended for Bogle is caught. Wigan win a corner. 

Roos punches it limply back to the corner taker. Second cross is headed out for another corner.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corner loops towards the goal and is punched clear by Roos under the crossbar. Shinnie fluffs the clearance but Bielik bails him out, thanks to Wigan kicking it out for a throw.

Derby look to be trying to make a point of not waiting to long before moving the ball along; which is good - but the movement still isn't great. Bogle being more adventurous up the right, which is necessary.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Most amusing that you are criticising people for posting their opinions...you should become a turkey and tell people it's Xmas!?

Persobaly think it's fair enough before the game starts to say you don't like the look of the team, or suggest you would have picked different players? Otherwise at end of the game when you express your opinion people come on and say hindsight is an amazing thing and you weren't saying that before the game!

Can't get there tonight so making do with Sky...I will trot out a cliché I think is fair comment 'must win game'.  

I’m giving my opinion that being “pissed off” without having the full facts is a bit weird. 

Glad my opinions provided you with some entertainment 

Good counterplay from Derby sees Waghorn tee up Paterson but his shot is blocked.

Thought Lawrence was going to hit the rebound first time but he chose to play it out and eventually Bielik overhits a pass out for a goalkick.

Bielik having a decent game so far. Better than his last few performances, as it stands.

Derby win a FK a little way into the Cardiff half. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

I’m giving my opinion that being “pissed off” without having the full facts is a bit weird. 

Glad my opinions provided you with some entertainment 

When I am at the ground and the team gets announced I feel that kind of comment is pretty standard ?

Just now, Chester40 said:

When I am at the ground and the team gets announced I feel that kind of comment is pretty standard ?

Still weird. There’s a difference between saying I think we should have started Martin and I’m pissed off we haven’t started Martin.

We all have our ideal teams, but being pissed off about it? Come on, save that outrage for after if the performance wasn’t up to it and no reason why X was left out. 

Anyhow, games on now and I don’t think we’re looking too bad out there, definitely better than Saturday

Our shape is so wide. We're really struggling to actually play between the lines at the minute because we're isolating ourselves so much.

Bielik, Clarke, Bogle and Lawrence all looked pretty good so far.

Would take Shinnie off set-pieces, personally! Haha

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bielik having a decent game so far. Better than his last few performances, as it stands.

Derby win a FK a little way into the Cardiff half. 

I’d be happier if it was in the Wigan half ?

3 hours ago, superzak said:

Mount Tomori and Wilson really papered over the cracks of a poor squad last season. Without those three i doubt Frank would have fared any better than Cocu is doing this season.

Humm suspect Lampard was a better motivator 

Archived