Bielik injured

therealhantsram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Didn't he get clattered immediately after or did I imagine that? 

He did aye, but didn't he/Cocu come say afterwards that it was a muscle (hamstring?) twinge from the strike of the ball as opposed to the over zealous Barnsley defender?

Don’t think we need to overpanic yet, he’s only been ruled out of one game. Might be perfectly fine when he gets back, pretty sure I’ve seen players get quad injuries and miss little to no time. Could be more serious of course which would be a problem with Huddlestone and Evans already out long term at CDM, but let’s not panic yet. We’ve still got Shinnie there as well, it’s not a position we’re massively short in.

2 hours ago, BarbadosRam said:

Chances of Bjarnason signing would likely be increased now I'd guess...just hope he's somewhere close to being match fit

Birkir claims to have kept himself fit.  He will most likely start against France tomorrow and surely against Andorra on Wednesday.

5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Thigh muscle injury in training for Poland team. 

Ruled out of the Euro qualifiers apparently. Hope its not more serious. 

according to Marcin Fedek, Polsat Sport journalist, there is no chance for Krystian Bielik to play  in Thursday's match. - The injury he suffered on Tuesday during training, and so the quadriceps muscle contusion turned out to be too severe to be considered in the Thursday match - said the journalist in pre-match correspondence for Polsat Sport. 

https://m.sportowefakty.wp.pl/pilka-nozna/847996/eliminacje-euro-2020-lotwa-polska-kontuzja-krystiana-bielika-niewielkie-szanse-n

Very disappointing news.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Think in that game and the previous outing, he was pretty much our MVP and the harping minority were suitably quiet at that time in much the same way as Martin's detractors seem to have vanished recently. I suppose it had taken Huddz some time to show the form we know he can, so not all of the criticism can be flatly dismissed,  but I sometimes think that certain posters would rather see us fail than be shown to be wrong in their assessments. It's really quite depressing.

I've got an MPV, and I can tell you, the similarities in their respective turning circles are uncanny!

Oh... wait... 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t think we need to overpanic yet, he’s only been ruled out of one game. Might be perfectly fine when he gets back, pretty sure I’ve seen players get quad injuries and miss little to no time. Could be more serious of course which would be a problem with Huddlestone and Evans already out long term at CDM, but let’s not panic yet. We’ve still got Shinnie there as well, it’s not a position we’re massively short in.

Who else can play the holding role then ?

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

He bumped into a defender in what looked like an innocuous collision at the time but....clearly not.

I was using comic license to blame his run up. Sorry.

He done it as soon as he moved for the kick. Watch his run up, he put in the classic short stride when you do a hammy.

Archived