Bielik injured

therealhantsram

Thigh muscle injury in training for Poland team. 

Ruled out of the Euro qualifiers apparently. Hope its not more serious. 

according to Marcin Fedek, Polsat Sport journalist, there is no chance for Krystian Bielik to play  in Thursday's match. - The injury he suffered on Tuesday during training, and so the quadriceps muscle contusion turned out to be too severe to be considered in the Thursday match - said the journalist in pre-match correspondence for Polsat Sport. 

https://m.sportowefakty.wp.pl/pilka-nozna/847996/eliminacje-euro-2020-lotwa-polska-kontuzja-krystiana-bielika-niewielkie-szanse-n

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So all of a sudden we've lost Bogle, Bielik and Huddz. I know every side has to put up with injuries but really, I sometimes think we're cursed!

Some would say that's a blessing.

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So all of a sudden we've lost Bogle, Bielik and Huddz. I know every side has to put up with injuries but really, I sometimes think we're cursed!

Injured left backs are so last season. DM for me all the time.

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

Some would say that's a blessing.

I’d say him going off against Barnsley pretty much lost is a chance to control the game and claim 3 points. Don’t understate the hate the guy gets

Am sure it was reported when we signed Bielik (poss from a Charlton journalist?) that he appeared more prone to muscle injuries than most other players. Could be that this will just become par for the course with him and we have to expect he'll miss 2 out of every 10 games etc.

Chances of Bjarnason signing would likely be increased now I'd guess...just hope he's somewhere close to being match fit

27 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’d say him going off against Barnsley pretty much lost is a chance to control the game and claim 3 points. Don’t understate the hate the guy gets

Think in that game and the previous outing, he was pretty much our MVP and the harping minority were suitably quiet at that time in much the same way as Martin's detractors seem to have vanished recently. I suppose it had taken Huddz some time to show the form we know he can, so not all of the criticism can be flatly dismissed,  but I sometimes think that certain posters would rather see us fail than be shown to be wrong in their assessments. It's really quite depressing.

28 minutes ago, BarbadosRam said:

Am sure it was reported when we signed Bielik (poss from a Charlton journalist?) that he appeared more prone to muscle injuries than most other players. Could be that this will just become par for the course with him and we have to expect he'll miss 2 out of every 10 games etc.

Maybe we should expect that from a mobile midfielder that makes tackles.

After all, Hudds got injured running up to take the penalty.

(BTW what exactly is Huddlestone's injury?)

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Maybe we should expect that from a mobile midfielder that makes tackles.

After all, Hudds got injured running up to take the penalty.

(BTW what exactly is Huddlestone's injury?)

Didn't he get clattered immediately after or did I imagine that? 

Archived