15 points from next 5?

Rammy03

1 hour ago, Montgolfier said:

I would be happy with steady improvement and effort for now.

I'm rather disillusioned with a lot of things at the moment, and even just a couple of years ago if anyone had said to me that I would stop going to Derby's away games, let alone giving up my season ticket and then packing up going to home games, I would have denied that was possible, given my history. But that's where I am now, hoping that something occurs to rekindle my enthusiasm.

I hope you get your mojo back soon. From your other post, it sounds like you have some great stories to tell.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With keogh out  and a keeper who cant claim crosses we have no chance of top 6

Poor cm balance too.. brum dominated our midfield after they scored the first goal

And not to mention unproductive wingers

Home wins and away points to keep us well clear of relegation zone will do me.. midtable will suffice. Anything more is a bonus

31 minutes ago, jono said:

I have a whole Luton supporting crew of 5 ( family natives from that area ) coming up for Saturday. Add in that Mrs Jono will be attending her fist football match. 

Nephew who is ST holder down there says they can play but “finks” they are prone to wobbles - heads go down all too quickly. “Get goals early on and you won’t see us bouncing back” .. so he tells me. 

can’t predict the next 5 but I think the next 2 are winnable and 4 points is a minimum - we have the skill and spirit to do it. 

Hope things don't degenerate into a family feud...but if you need a hand come 5pm Saturday...Season 5 Yes GIF by CBS All Access

3 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

With keogh out  and a keeper who cant claim crosses we have no chance of top 6

Poor cm balance too.. brum dominated our midfield after they scored the first goal

And not to mention unproductive wingers

Home wins and away points to keep us well clear of relegation zone will do me.. midtable will suffice. Anything more is a bonus

Stop being so sensible ! 

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I think we can now say the tough start that we were handed is now over and the next few games are sightly more winnable. We snatched a good point at Leeds and secured our first win at home against Birmingham. What are our chances of taking all 15 from the next 5, starting tomorrow against Barnsley? I would be happy with 10 but anything less than that would surely be a disappointment.

Be ready to be disappointed lol 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

We did indeed win last Saturday and it was a great game to watch. That said, it was anything but “secure”; it was a win based on character and a spirit engendered from the adversity of “Boosey Tuesday”. It shouldn’t though hoodwink us into believing that the team has suddenly found a winning formula. There are established issues with our pattern of play. Whoscored.com data on “Action Areas” show that of all teams in the Championship, Derby spend the least amount of game time in the opposition’s defensive third. That’s just an indicator I know and not necessarily a worrying statistic, but I think it reflects a lack of control of games that we have played hitherto. The inclusion of Martin will I believe serve to improve that statistic and we will score more goals as a result, but we still have an unclear way of playing and need more guile and stealth in midfield. So, to answer the question...15 points from the next 5 games? I very much doubt that we’ll get more than 7 points. I’m not taking anything for granted and think we’ll face a very tough battle at Barnsley tomorrow. I’m more confident about Luton at home, but can’t see more than a point from Charlton...

The above assumes the squad & team remains as is over those games. There is a rumour of the Icelandic midfielder coming in as a free agent who I would welcome but assuming that doesn’t happen, I can’t see our fortunes changing radically for now. I would like to see Marriott up front with Martin and us revert to a midfield diamond; that would I believe improve things but otherwise as they stand I think we will continue to see 2 paces forward followed by 2 paces back as Phillip strives to find the elusive transitional formula with a squad that is of largely average quality. I hope I’m wrong and will be the first to blink if I am. 

Excellent points Ella. As you pointed out, the Brum win wasn't convincing and who knows whether or not we would have had the character and determination, had 'boozegate' not occurred. 

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I hope you get your mojo back soon. From your other post, it sounds like you have some great stories to tell.

Oh, I've told them on message boards many times - I'm sure you've read them..... somewhere.

15 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I think we can now say the tough start that we were handed is now over and the next few games are sightly more winnable. We snatched a good point at Leeds and secured our first win at home against Birmingham. What are our chances of taking all 15 from the next 5, starting tomorrow against Barnsley? I would be happy with 10 but anything less than that would surely be a disappointment.

Although we have had on paper a tough start. and we haven't played that well.

People bang on about the point at Leeds being a good result (yes it is) but what about the point against WBA and Swansea? At any time of the season we would take those results as well.

We might be 15th, but only lost 2 out of 7 despite being an unbalanced side.

Get some stability and confidence and see where we are then

Im 60 years old now and ive also given up my season ticket and pretty well lost  my mojo  for football altogether. No more spoilt weekends when we lose and at the  moment im not missing P.P at all. Hopefully i might get it back one day...but with individual matches now costing £33 plus...awful beer about £4 a pint...and the team in general not that entertaining i find it hard to see me returning to football in the near future. Even the lure of seeing Rooney in a Derby shirt will not get me racing to the ticket office for my well overpriced ticket.

12 minutes ago, superzak said:

Im 60 years old now and ive also given up my season ticket and pretty well lost  my mojo  for football altogether. No more spoilt weekends when we lose and at the  moment im not missing P.P at all. Hopefully i might get it back one day...but with individual matches now costing £33 plus...awful beer about £4 a pint...and the team in general not that entertaining i find it hard to see me returning to football in the near future. Even the lure of seeing Rooney in a Derby shirt will not get me racing to the ticket office for my well overpriced ticket.

Cheer up mate - the price will drop for you in a few years and that might make it all look rosier...?

23 minutes ago, superzak said:

Ahhh the conveyor belt of life...………..we all drop off the end eventually, just got to hope the new ones are jumping on at the beginning.

Archived