15 points from next 5?

Rammy03

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Why stop with 15 from the next 5, our amazing squad should be getting 111 from the next 37...

Folk making these types of predictions, or simply asking the question, are the same who're booing when it's 0-0 at half time!!!

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush, I've been going for nearly 60 years now and not once have I booed the team off the pitch - and even if we lose the next 6 then get humiliated by duckst then I still won't boo!

3 hours ago, old ilkestonian said:

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush, I've been going for nearly 60 years now and not once have I booed the team off the pitch - and even if we lose the next 6 then get humiliated by duckst then I still won't boo!

duckst supposed to read forest - stupid predictive text! 

Shows how deluded the poster was tbh

Play off is over, we have 0 chance of reaching there

We are weak, weve lost keogh , tomori, wilson and mount and arguably the only quality replacement this summer has been beilik

Paterson is okay, but now we have huddlestone injured. Such a disrupted season

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Shows how deluded the poster was tbh

Play off is over, we have 0 chance of reaching there

We are weak, weve lost keogh , tomori, wilson and mount and arguably the only quality replacement this summer has been beilik

Paterson is okay, but now we have huddlestone injured. Such a disrupted season

We will achieve playoffs.

We are leaking goals without keogh

and now our best passer (not midfielder as I think beilik in dm is our best midfielder) is injured with a hamstring problem

Think its too much tbh

Having said that We can build a team around a fully fit Martin and Rooney in AM (if he still has it ) and that is very very tasty

4 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We are leaking goals without keogh

and now our best passer (not midfielder as I think beilik in dm is our best midfielder) is injured with a hamstring problem

Think its too much tbh

Having said that We can build a team around a fully fit Martin and Rooney in AM (if he still has it ) and that is very very tasty

We were leaking goals with Keogh in the side.

We have kept just two clean sheets in 12 competitive games and only one with Keogh in the side.

Keogh and Huddlestone will be missed but I think it’s a wider issue.

The right balance across the whole team - from defence through to attack - is still being discovered. Cocu is still working towards his best eleven.

How can you write us off after 10 games when no-one is sure of our best team?

How can we build a team around Rooney and Martin? One will retire in 18 months or less, and another could easily play his way out of contention just as easily as he played his way in. 

It’s fairer to say we can build the team around a young spine - Bielik, Lowe, Bogle, Holmes and Marriott.

16 hours ago, old ilkestonian said:

I wasn't having a pop at the whole fan base, just these numbnuts who ask these types of questions.  As last night played out, there are no easy games at this level.  Anyone thinking we should swat teams like Barnsley & Luton aside just because we're Derby County, have a shinier stadium & swankier kit are morons in my opinion.  On paper we may well have the better team, but when has football games ever been decided on paper.  When divs like this pipe up, it makes us look like those tits at the other end of the 52...

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We were leaking goals with Keogh in the side.

We have kept just two clean sheets in 12 competitive games and only one with Keogh in the side.

Keogh and Huddlestone will be missed but I think it’s a wider issue.

The right balance across the whole team - from defence through to attack - is still being discovered. Cocu is still working towards his best eleven.

How can you write us off after 10 games when no-one is sure of our best team?

How can we build a team around Rooney and Martin? One will retire in 18 months or less, and another could easily play his way out of contention just as easily as he played his way in. 

It’s fairer to say we can build the team around a young spine - Bielik, Lowe, Bogle, Holmes and Marriott.

We only conceded one vs leeds

And we were unlucky with the penos against west brom and cardiff (I didnt think it was a pen personally)

I think our spine (GK, CBs and CM) is nowhere near good enough for top 6. Positive with huddlestones injury is that we are now forced to play beilik in his best position DM.

Martin offers what no one offers, someone to hold the ball, intelligence to play in our midfield. Only 31 in november, look fit, we can build a team around him, Marriott and holmes are valuable players but too injury prone to build around. 

Fullbacks we are sorted, DM we are sorted (even evans can do a job there), strikers we are sorted.

Just overhaul the wingers, cm department and cbs

On 01/10/2019 at 15:34, Rammy03 said:

I think we can now say the tough start that we were handed is now over and the next few games are sightly more winnable. We snatched a good point at Leeds and secured our first win at home against Birmingham. What are our chances of taking all 15 from the next 5, starting tomorrow against Barnsley? I would be happy with 10 but anything less than that would surely be a disappointment.

In hindsight .... no chance?

Seriously though, we have a mid table squad I M O. I suspect the points return from the next 5 will be similar to the last 5. This will probably carry on until January at least.

Archived