Has your faith in the club been tested?

RamLad1884

Speaking to some fans at the game yesterday and otherwise, there seemed to be a few that genuinely felt like they couldn't support Derby over the issues over the last few months. 

Just curious as to whether that feeling is among the fans? Has everyone stuck by Derby no matter what, or have you felt your support tested by recent events? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't not be 100% Derby fan, but i have been frustrated with the club re:

• non-disclosure of ground sale at fans forum / dodgy ground sale 
  • poor summer recruitment and summer camp
  • Bemused by Rooney - strange signing - jury is out
  • too soft with chelsea / frank
  • A bit naive in the handling of the booze up 
  • forest away

However, reasons to be cheerful

• chris martin
  • curtis davies
  • Bogle / lowe / knight 
  • Ewies arse
  • rams tv
  • improving finances? 

18 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Nope. Those morons didn't take those actions on behalf of the club - they did it for their own selfish reasons. I will be supporting Derby long after those clowns have left.

Totally Agree. You'd have thought Keogh of all people would have had more sense, being captain and senior profession alorl.  It wasn't as if he had to hang around for a lift, there was transport laid on. What a way to end your career, if it comes to that.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Can't not be 100% Derby fan, but i have been frustrated with the club re:

• non-disclosure of ground sale at fans forum / dodgy ground sale 
  • poor summer recruitment and summer camp
  • Bemused by Rooney - strange signing - jury is out
  • too soft with chelsea / frank
  • A bit naive in the handling of the booze up 
  • forest away

However, reasons to be cheerful

• chris martin
  • curtis davies
  • Bogle / lowe / knight 
  • Ewies arse
  • rams tv
  • improving finances? 

I'll have to take your word for list B, point 4. However, I'm confident you are a man of impeccable taste.

No.

Silly question for any fan of any football club, not just this one.

People come and go, the club will continue way beyond any of us.

Try living through the Docherty or Maxwell eras... This is a walk in the park.

Besides, with Mel and Cocu, the path is upwards. So many positives far outweighing any of the bad stuff - all exaggerated by the media and the accompanying overreactions on social media.

The emergence of a couple of the kids and the re-emergence of max lowe extra positives.

I feel more confident about the medium term than the short, but that’s mainly down to a collapse in confidence in our recruitment quality.

I’m fine with a proper transition season as long as we all hold our nerves and genuinely build towards a clear vision.?

The only way it would be tested would be if the club came out and failed to acknowledge what those involved had done. A bit like when Liverpool came out in support of Luis Suarez after the Evra incident. I still have a soft spot for them for family reasons and I hate how people generalise about them, but the way the club as a whole handled that incident was disgraceful.

I'll always be a ram.

The behaviour of the three involved in last week's incident is unforgivable and, if 75% of what is being reported is true then I fully expect Bennett and Lawrence to be let go if they are found guilty. If that doesn't happen then my faith in the management will be shook. 

The food and drink business at the beginning of the season seemed a bit out of touch - does anyone know how that has gone?

Rooney is PR. I've never been a fan but if the finances work then I can see the logic.

All in all, I'm a Ram and I support the team, but I don't support the few idiots who I hope to never again see don the badge.

Archived