Has your faith in the club been tested?

RamLad1884

22 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Faith never in question. Being a Derby fan is the cliched rollercoaster. 

When my Dad heard about the incident his reaction was basically "Yeh, and? This is just par for the course being a Derby fan... We never make anything simple"

I kind of agree - We have a history of maverick managers, weird/dodgy owners, player drama, manager drama, sides who should be spectacular and aren't, sides who shouldn't be good who are, footballing drama, non-footballing drama - It's what we do

My flatmate (not a football fan) when I told him about it said "Wow, sounds like something from that Sky show... Dream Team? Was that it?" - Think that sums up Derby really - We've essentially always been some kind of drama ? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. My faith has never been tested. When I heard the news it made me chuckle, honestly it did.

I'd support this club if we was in non league getting trumped.

I'll support this club no matter what regardless of what a small bunch of turnips get up to.

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

My faith in the club has never been tested, with regards to this last week it all boils down to our loyalty being steadfast. 

Unfortunately it’s the actions of less attached individuals bringing our club in to disrepute and the sooner that boil/ boils are lanced the better. 

Well said !!

On 29/09/2019 at 17:36, RamLad1884 said:

I'm not even going to respond to your first line. 

While I agree that winning will likely cause most to forget, I think you need to consider for a good percentage of fans this is the most trouble we've seen at the club (think people born 90s onwards). Even that Premier season was just bad for footballing reasons really. 

It's a good discussion to have either way and your input is appreciated. 

Aside from the last 7 days, what is the 'trouble we've seen at the club'? Footballing reasons are the only reasons aren't they? If the club is in danger of folding, or in serious financial doo doo then that's trouble for me, outside of that, I don't know what we're talking about. 

3 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Aside from the last 7 days, what is the 'trouble we've seen at the club'? Footballing reasons are the only reasons aren't they? If the club is in danger of folding, or in serious financial doo doo then that's trouble for me, outside of that, I don't know what we're talking about. 

I think maybe @RamLad1884 might not remember how bad things were under the 'three amigos' if he's a 90s kid - That was 03-05 period I think? Huddlestone sold for peanuts, Rasiak too - Team pulled apart - Club close to liquidation - Genuine criminal activity from the owners ripping the heart out of the club

Man Utd fans used to complain about Glazer and what he did to their club but that's relatively little compared to what we went through

Archived