Has your faith in the club been tested?

RamLad1884

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Not at all.

I can't think why anyone would. To pick up on some of the 'concerns' some of raised on here, or potential issues that may be being referred to.

1. Last week - no way, Derby responded correctly and made it clear that the players have let us down.

2. The Rooney transfer - I just don't get he negativity towards this, he is still a top player, its already been confirmed that the extra sponsorship will pretty much cover his salary. Even if he is rubbish for us I can't see it being a bad deal.

3. The stadium issue. Still don't think its dodgy, its only the reaction from other clubs/fans that its even being talked about. If Middlesborough had done it those fans moaning about it would probably be saying why didn't we do that.

4. Lampard to Chelsea - yeah it was drawn out but don't see how we could have done anything any different. Mel was clear on numerous occasions that the ball was in Chelsea's court. It took them an age to make an approach, and it still took a while after but that was there prerogative. Lets face it if we had tried in anyway shape or form to play hardball then we weren't going to win against Chelsea. We obviously had everything lined up ready for when it did happen with the speed the Cocu appointment was made.

5. The night out after the play off win. We had best part of two weeks, if you can't have a drink then when can you.

6. Spygate - handled very well by the club and lampard. Leeds and Bielsas response was appalling, especially the press conference/powerpoint presentation. People kept moaning about lampard going on about it, he was questioned about it for weeks, it was more a media obsession than lampard going on about it.

Paul, best post of the day.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

In what way?

All the off field headlines, no of managers, recruitment, increase in expenditure having to be covered by finding a loophole etc....

As I said my own view, I know from your previous posts that you aren’t going to agree...which is fair enough.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

All the off field headlines, no of managers, recruitment, increase in expenditure having to be covered by finding a loophole etc....

As I said my own view, I know from your previous posts that you aren’t going to agree...which is fair enough.

Other than last week, I'm not really sure what off field headlines Derby have had any control of?

Recruitment agree.

No loophole, sale and lease back of assets is a very common business practice.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Other than last week, I'm not really sure what off field headlines Derby have had any control of?

Recruitment agree.

No loophole, sale and lease back of assets is a very common business practice.

Sale and lease back of your ground to your own owner, not a common practice as it was the first time it had happened. Perfectly legal, but to have to do it in the first place, for me was bad management. Especially if you look at the current value of the squad.

Sam Rush legal battle, Pearson, Clement, dressing room, FFP for example all off field headlines we were involved in, true or not, we have been in the papers quite a few times over the last 5 years for off field actions. 

My desire to watch any live football, not just Derby, has been sorely tested in recent years.

I don't take kindly to threats of violence (from both Derby and Bolton fans), or actual violence (having a coin hit me in the face), and I certainly take exception to having someone throw up at my feet. He wasn't even a footballer on a team-building exercise.

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Sale and lease back of your ground to your own owner, not a common practice as it was the first time it had happened. Perfectly legal, but to have to do it in the first place, for me was bad management. Especially if you look at the current value of the squad.

Sam Rush legal battle, Pearson, Clement, dressing room, FFP for example all off field headlines we were involved in, true or not, we have been in the papers quite a few times over the last 5 years for off field actions. 

Fair enough 

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

So why did the EFL ok it originally. And when a motion was tabled(by Middlesborough) at the EFL AGM it was voted out by the other clubs. How did the club get to that stage,I guess it was buying players to try and get into the premiership. But no doubt you posted  your disagreement to the policy

15 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

No not the first time this has happened. to my knowledge at least twice. 

Bradford City And Port Vale to name two. 

11 minutes ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

No not the first time this has happened. to my knowledge at least twice. 

Bradford City And Port Vale to name two. 

Not that I’m doubting you because I have limited knowledge in this area, but a quick google search shows Bradford sold their ground before FFP was introduced, Port Vale I couldn’t fins anything .

Any more info you could share, as I said genuine request as I could find much on net.

16 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

So why did the EFL ok it originally. And when a motion was tabled(by Middlesborough) at the EFL AGM it was voted out by the other clubs. How did the club get to that stage,I guess it was buying players to try and get into the premiership. But no doubt you posted  your disagreement to the policy

Sorry I don’t understand what you are asking me ?

Disagreement with what policy, I was unaware that the club had released a statement saying that based upon projected outgoing expenditure they were going to have to sell the ground to comply with FFP. Had I read that, then yes I would have questioned the sanction of said budgeted figures to the manager/s. 

I cancelled my subs to RamsTV on 27th but have now resumed paying. Why?

Because the guilty parties were not on the team sheet yesterday.

Because the supporters (home and away) did not show contempt to the club at yesterday's match.

Because neither the manager nor the chairman has tried to justify the criminal stupidity of the players involved....

in fact they were outside the ground apologising to fans before the game.

The club offered players a lift home on Tuesday night.

I am still a loyal Rams fan and hope to see a team of players who WANT to succeed in a Derby shirt, regardless of where they finish in the league.

Keep the faith!

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

No, I won’t support Keogh, Lawrence or Bennett anymore but I’ll always support Derby. 

Yes I agree, but not sure how folks will react if / when Lawrence and Bennett resume playing. Keogh probably won't play for DCFC again. 

Lawrence and Bennett won't be afforded any mistakes anymore. They're going to have to play like prime Ronaldinho to make a career here now, which we know is very unlikely. Some will be more forgiving than others, but simply they won't be defended to the hilt by anyone anymore. Lawrence will suffer the most, I'd imagine that this will not only impact his career here but his international selection too. 

No test here, there's only one DCFC.

We've all made mistakes that we regret, I've made a fair few, it could have been alot worse

so i'm quite happy with them paying their dues, making ammends and carrying on at the club.

OR, we could get the Spanish Inquisition in...........

20 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Speaking to some fans at the game yesterday and otherwise, there seemed to be a few that genuinely felt like they couldn't support Derby over the issues over the last few months. 

Just curious as to whether that feeling is among the fans? Has everyone stuck by Derby no matter what, or have you felt your support tested by recent events? 

Personally, I'd have told those fans to take a long walk off a short pier.  I'm a liberal at heart so I won't use the term snowflake, but get a ducking grip!!!  It's three individuals being stupid.  It's not Mel Morris burning down Pride Park, whilst sodomising the Queen over the bonnet of his Tesla is it...

4 hours ago, DesertRam said:

No test here, there's only one DCFC.

We've all made mistakes that we regret, I've made a fair few, it could have been alot worse

so i'm quite happy with them paying their dues, making ammends and carrying on at the club.

OR, we could get the Spanish Inquisition in...........

People will be expecting that...

Archived