Middlesbrough to sue the EFL over Derby's Stadium Purchase

Bubbles

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Having a nosey on the Bristol forum (who seem just as interested in this as Boro and Leeds) and one of them posted this in relation to the 15/16 accounts:

"A part that was unclear in terms of that "Fair Value to the Group", was whether that was inclusive or exclusive of Revaluation Reverse and potential changes to Valuation through the Fair Value adjustments.
If it's a case of adding that Revaluation Reserve to the Fair Value to the group of £55.601m minus the depreciation, non stadia based assets etc then it could well be spot on, the £81.1m. If it's included within though...then I think £50-55m bracket, £60m at a push.
That Revaluation Reserve for the record was £30,295,929 in the 2016/17 accounts."

So they are discussing the value of our ground in more detail than we are on their Forum? Isn't that a bit weird? 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

So they are discussing the value of our ground in more detail than we are on their Forum? Isn't that a bit weird? 

Bristol and Leeds seem to have a strange ever-lasting obsession about it. Boro fans interest in it has fizzled out.
Bristol at least talk about the other clubs who sold their stadiums as well (Villa, Wednesday and Reading)

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol and Leeds seem to have a strange ever-lasting obsession about it. Boro fans interest in it has fizzled out

I had a short discussion on their board about this some months ago.  Not many realised the club didn't own their ground.  What was particularly laughable was the statement that their owner had many years experience in the finance industry and was therefore no dodgy.  Step up Mr Lansdown, the worlds only trustworthy banker

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

I had a short discussion on their board about this some months ago.  Not many realised the club didn't own their ground.  What was particularly laughable was the statement that their owner had many years experience in the finance industry and was therefore no dodgy.  Step up Mr Lansdown, the worlds only trustworthy banker

He’s a wealth manager. Hargreaves Lansdown. You give them your wealth, they put the numbers into a computer then send you bits of paper for a nice annual fee.

jobs a goodun ?

25 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Just wait until we auction off that original Banksy the club removed yesterday to meet next year's P&S !!

Unfortunately it turns out that was an original Barksy... He had to do something for the 39 months he was in rehab...

On 13/09/2019 at 12:15, Ambitious said:

Club A sign John Doe for £1m and £10k-a-week. They spent within their means. 

John Doe has a great season. 

Club B gets relegated and wants a striker, starts talking to the guy's agent about £30-40k-a-week. Now, Club A can't afford that without going out of their means. Club B's parachute payment means they can spend that in keep within their means. John Doe kicks up a fuss

Too right!  I'd want minimum 100k-a-week!! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the EFL have stepped up the investigation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/16/efl-step-investigation-Derby-sheffield-wednesday-reading-stadium/

I was expecting this to go away quickly as the EFL ruled there was no wrongdoing.

But the more time goes by, despite the EFL advising Derby that it was ok, i am starting to think that we could end up with fines or points deductions.

The EFL have little backbone as it is, so deflecting in our direction would hardly come as a surprise.

10 minutes ago, KCG said:

I'd suggest the EFL would be on very dodgy legal grounds if they were to reverse their decision.

I suppose they do make the rules up as they gone along. 

Probably biggest risk is if the valuation is proven to be 'faulty' and there has been collusion.  The valuers and the auditors are then in the firing line.

I don't see how it can be done. If they reverse this, aren't they just opening the floodgates?

Gibson is a sad man trying to cover and distract from the fact his own club have ballsed up. I would guess that at some point all clubs have exposed a loophole for financial gain.

Archived