Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If only he had a tiny tiny piece of respect for every bugger else he might receive more.

but as his modus operandi was to use every little ratty trick he could think up to do one over on his opposition, ol Colin reaps what sows....

I think he's more pantomime villain than anything, a lot of his outbursts do tend to be delivered with a glint in his eye. Think hes got a soft spot for Derby too...he's spoken about having wanted to manage us in the past.

His record as a manager is superb, only ever failed at Leeds & even that was more 'meh' than outright disaster. I think he'll be missed by more than would admit when he does retire.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, superzak said:

Young people today are to quick to call us oldies dinosaurs. Warnock has experience, achieved a lot in this game of football we all love and should be afforded more respect. 

I think 'us oldies' need to stop being so defensive and not take throwaway comments on a footy forum too seriously ? 

People do respect Colin's record, he's been put up on this forum by many as what we've been missing since 2013 and 8 promotion seasons can't be argued with. All of that notwithstanding, he's still a massive twit.

The two views are not in any way mutually exclusive, you know?

8 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think he's more pantomime villain than anything, a lot of his outbursts do tend to be delivered with a glint in his eye. Think hes got a soft spot for Derby too...he's spoken about having wanted to manage us in the past.

His record as a manager is superb, only ever failed at Leeds & even that was more 'meh' than outright disaster. I think he'll be missed by more than would admit when he does retire.

I would agree its more pantomime than genuinely nasty, but if you want you reason he's not loved, there it is.

He's effective at championship level no doubt, but I fully expect the crowd tomorrow night will at least ay one point in the match be so irritated they could happily murder the old sod.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Once again a matter of opinion, personally think he is a great manager with a record that speaks for itself, including promotion from this division. I’d have been quite happy if one of our previous managers had replicated that feat, seems pretty useful to me. 

Anyone who conducts himself in his foul mouthed disgusting manner when berating officials or anyone else he sees fit to berate won't get any plaudits from me. Each to their own though. 

3 hours ago, Rosythram said:

I have to admit when you consider the ramblings that he’s subjected us all to over the years, it’s time he went elsewhere.

He really does football no favours what so ever, a dinosaur that has outlasted his usefulness in every capacity.

He's the management version of Robbie Savage except far more successful. He's a WUM who we'd all love if we had him in our corner managing us but as he isn't, we like pretty much everyone else he goes up against on a saturday afternoon dislike him. He got a bang average cardiff team on paper promoted two seasons ago and made a real fist of staying up. He's pretty much a guaranteed play off bet for a manager which is better than 99% of managers in this division.  I personally wish he'd have managed us at some point, he's got a soft spot for Derby and he'd have been a good fit at one time. 

You crazy people.

Warnock's teams play very unattractive football. He may be successful at getting teams promoted but he's also equally adept at getting them relegated one season later.

And, as for his whinging and whining. No thanks.

Be thankful that we have Cocu. Building for a sustainable stay in the Premier League. Now, no more of this nonsense about Colin. Thank you and good night.

This is the kind of game that separates the top 2 from the top 6 and the top 6 from the chasing pack. Your ability to see off teams who will come to frustrate you can make such a difference over the course of the season.

We all know the teams. The teams that will celebrate taking home a point like it's Margot Robbie in suspenders. The same teams we are never too far away from contriving to gift all three. We don't usually have the greatest of success negotiating this kind of game. While the very top teams will find a way to win, we end up labouring to a 0-0 draw or being on the end of a smash-and-grab.

We have already failed to negotiate one such game already. Swansea came to Pride Park and frustrated us to perfection. They were organised, they were well-drilled, they tried to slow the game down and they also rode their luck. They didn't play with much if any positive intent. They wanted to disrupt us, contain us and then it was a case of being opportunistic in attack.

Cardiff will surely adopt a similar strategy based upon being organised, well-drilled, tough, resolute, soaking up pressure and making it an ugly game, whilst having some presence up top to give our defence something to occasionally ponder.

I've gone for 2-1 to us out of hope rather than expectation. If I'm honest, all the signs point to us to having our best performance of the season so far, getting caught cold and losing 1-0 in true Derby fashion.

But here's hoping that's not the case and we see some big match-winning performances from Keogh, Bielik, Holmes and Lawrence. If those four play well, we have a good chance of a result.

53 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If the crowd don’t start singing I’m dreaming of a white Christmas tonight then we’ve lost all ability to be genuinely amusing... a las we’ll sing about Forest and Collymore instead ? 

I’m just praying for no singing about the poor sod Salah and aeroplane gestures ?

16 hours ago, AdamRam said:

In what way are they dealing with it that’s wrong ? They have been advised by their insurance company, who are ultimately responsible for the claim, on how to deal with it. There certainly is an argument to it being handled poorly, but why sure Warnock resign ???

It was within hours almost they announced they weren't paying. For a club that was supposed to be in mourning they certainly got on to it quickly.

They haven't paid on technicalities so fair enough if those technicalities mean they don't have to pay then ok, I just think after the outpouring of grief it shows that when it boils down to it money is all that matters.

My issue with Warnock is his constant playing the victim. I can just imagine after the fan fair of announcing Sala back in January and he hadn't died, if the Premier League had then turned round after the window had closed and announced that because of 'technicalities' the player wasn't registered so Cardiff couldnt sign him, Warnock would have been on Sky and Talksport moaning about little old Cardiff being treated unfairly.

Its not just a guess, he would have without a doubt.

27 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It was within hours almost they announced they weren't paying. For a club that was supposed to be in mourning they certainly got on to it quickly.

They haven't paid on technicalities so fair enough if those technicalities mean they don't have to pay then ok, I just think after the outpouring of grief it shows that when it boils down to it money is all that matters.

My issue with Warnock is his constant playing the victim. I can just imagine after the fan fair of announcing Sala back in January and he hadn't died, if the Premier League had then turned round after the window had closed and announced that because of 'technicalities' the player wasn't registered so Cardiff couldnt sign him, Warnock would have been on Sky and Talksport moaning about little old Cardiff being treated unfairly.

CBFF2B4B-527D-4C1A-B4CB-CFEEB25DC598.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don’t know how you can hold someone accountable for something they may have said, if such a tragic accident had not happened. For me he has acted with dignity and is in no way accountable for the actions of the people who are responsible for deciding who pays and who does not.

Whilst I do agree his rants come across as poor at times, I think we will have to disagree on this one otherwise we risk taking over the thread with posts that aren’t really relevant ?

54 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t know how you can hold someone accountable for something they may have said, if such a tragic accident had not happened. For me he has acted with dignity and is in no way accountable for the actions of the people who are responsible for deciding who pays and who does not.

Whilst I do agree his rants come across as poor at times, I think we will have to disagree on this one otherwise we risk taking over the thread with posts that aren’t really relevant ?

True. But I'd love to see his face on what is likely to be a lovely late summers evening for PP to be bathed in sunshine but the match is called off due to torrential rain elsewhere in the county.

13 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Anyone who conducts himself in his foul mouthed disgusting manner when berating officials or anyone else he sees fit to berate won't get any plaudits from me. Each to their own though. 

Take it you didn’t like Lampard then? Not like he got sent off at Rotherham or anything.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Take it you didn’t like Lampard then? Not like he got sent off at Rotherham or anything.

They all do it, in fairness Cocu doesnt seem to not yet but how much verbals do the 4th Officials get? They should be afforded the same protection as any other official.

Archived