Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Polysemic !

Don't you hate it when Rees-Mogg posts a message on this board and send us less educated folk off googling the meaning of words (or is it just me?)

Polysemic cement.....isn't it that glue you stick airfix models together with?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/09/2019 at 16:39, Wolfie20 said:

Just watched a re-run on SKY and some of the drivel spouted by the 'experts' beggars belief (Hinchcliffe in particular). Waghorn did appear to handle the ball in the build up to our goal and under the new laws the goal should have been disallowed. Then they dissect the action leading up to the Cardiff penalty and despite the ball clearly hitting their player on the upper arm before being pulled back by Keogh,, say there was no hand ball - are they really so blind?

I watched Match of the Day last night and wasa astounded to hear Shearer actually congratulating Tammy Abrahams for "cleverly" giving just a little pull on the Wolves defender's arm so that he could get ahead of the defender and head the ball home. Congratulating a player for committing a foul? I wonder what he would have said if it was a Wolves player pulling back a Chelsea defender? Heaven forfend. 

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I watched Match of the Day last night and wasa astounded to hear Shearer actually congratulating Tammy Abrahams for "cleverly" giving just a little pull on the Wolves defender's arm so that he could get ahead of the defender and head the ball home. Congratulating a player for committing a foul? I wonder what he would have said if it was a Wolves player pulling back a Chelsea defender? Heaven forfend. 

Agreed, had it been the other way round, would VAR have given a penalty? 

41 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The foul aside I thought Abraham looked devastatingly good. What a shame Lampard couldn't pull in a few favours to sign him for us last season. It's fair to say we'd most likely be a Prem side ourselves this season if he had have managed to seal the deal. 

On 14 September 2019 at 10:56, angieram said:

I am the little one on the end with my more glamorous colleague Emma, who is chatting away next to Keogh here . I am not a Samaritan myself, I work for another mental health charity.

I have only just heard what the announcer said and spotted us on screen as I am replaying last night's game. And yes, I am sad enough to take a photo of it!

I hope people also saw the players' video on the big screen at half time - really powerful. The link to it is in the other thread.

2019-09-14_10_47_36.jpg

@angieram you had the perfect opportunity at this point, to point across at the ref and say.....................................................

"Darren England....You Are The Weakest Link.......Goodbye".........and done us all a favour!

@angieram 3 points at Leeds, plenty of singing and positive support from yourself and your back in everyone's good books and on the bench for Birmingham City at home!

11 hours ago, BondJovi said:

A better man manager? I am not sure Marriott would agree. How can you possibly know?

All this bonding with the fans crap has only become an issue because Lampard was totally wrapped up in it. His first job, over excited, but we warmed to him more like a favourite player than a manager.

Unrealistic and not fair to expect the same from Cocu, a manager who has already won plenty and had things not work. Why would he get carried away this early on? 

We have gone from a cute puppy to a fully grown mutt, once fans get past that they will see we are all the better for it. Some fans still haven't put their pants back on after Lampard charmed them off.

A club at our level getting a manager with the pedigree of Cocu is ridiculous. Given time we will hopefully see the benefits of that. And I saw those small signs against Cardiff.

Yes totally agree. He will need time get the current squad to adapt, if not recruit players who will deliver. 

15 hours ago, GenBr said:

Its not criticism of just one player. Any player who plays poorly for a number of games in a row is criticised and rightfully so. People aren't criticising him because he loses the ball - they are criticising him for the manner in which he loses the ball and his petulance when he loses it. 

You can try and police what people say about players  be a happy clapper all you like, but if someone has a poor game the fans can and will criticise him as much as they like. Lawrence has been poor in every game since Huddersfield and for me that is partly down to him being played in the wrong position, but it is mostly down to his own failings especially his decision making at times and his petulant nature whenever he loses the ball. The only reason he hasn't been dropped like Dowell is because we have no wingers in the team at all. A spell on the bench will do him good and hopefully he comes back playing better.

Marriott very nearly scored the winner for us and did not lose the ball anywhere near as much Lawrence - primarily because the attacks usually broke down before they got anywhere near him, but I'm sure you can pick any player and try and spin it to make your point.

I’m certainly no happy clapper and get frustrated as much as the next fan and it’s fine to single out a player to criticise but the level of it on here is poor. People genuinely delighted he’s banned for our hardest game of the season so far... 

Just don’t see the need for such hyperbolic criticisms of him. He’s had an awful year personally and he needs supporting. Fair enough criticising on here but you know there are some pond life that will be tweeting him about it. 

Just glad Twitter and mobile access to the internet wasn’t around when we had Commons and Bueno playing for us. 

On 15/09/2019 at 09:05, RamNut said:

Lampard bonded with the players - and fans - and was a better man manager.

but you wouldn't have been able to say this at this stage last season -- premature writing off of Cocu  is unfair  and

counterproductive.

On 16/09/2019 at 09:26, DRBee said:

but you wouldn't have been able to say this at this stage last season -- premature writing off of Cocu  is unfair and counterproductive.

The win vs Man Utd had already established it to some extent, as had the feeling were trying to distance ourselves from Rowett's dull football of the previous season, which brought some added patience.

Cocu doesn't have the benefit of following up on a popular manager though

The second part is spot on though, yes. Anyone who's doing that can do one, but I'm not sure who exactly who that would be.

On 16 September 2019 at 09:26, DRBee said:

but you wouldn't have been able to say this at this stage last season -- premature writing off of Cocu  is unfair  and

counterproductive.

I wasn't writing him off. Just observing that he has a different management style.

carry on.

Archived