Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Huddz has been below par recently but don't really get the snide comments. Cardiff won't look to overrun us in midfield, least I doubt it, more likely they'll sit deep and try and nick a goal. If we are to break them down, Huddz remains the guy to pull the strings. Seems to me that Cocu's assessment of players is unsurprisingly Dutch - can they play, can they pass, everything else a long way third. 

Also, and it's just a guess, with Clarke starting Bielik obviously gets his first start at CDM so Huddz role will be different to recent games with less of a focus on defensive duties. Folk do seem to forget how good he can be in a team playing on the front foot. 

Do understand folks' grievances but Tom is by far and away the best passer of a ball at the club and if I were Lawrence, Jack or Waggers, I'd certainly want him in the starting line up, especially without Jayden. WHo else will provide them with service?

Anyway, perhaps Huddz will put on a show tonight, I certainly hope so and while others might be all doom and gloom, I think our midfield looks pretty tasty. Also hoping Lawrence will be allowed to roam inside where he can do some damage. There's goals in this line-up for sure if they even half click. Great to see Duwayne starting (and not at RB too!). I can see him causing Cardiff some problems.

COYR

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Is Shinnie injured? Early days I know but the signs don't look good for his Rams career.

I think Cocu just doesn't rate him. I seem to remember it being mentioned on the radio a few weeks ago and he said "he has some qualities, but we have a lot of players with qualities, he needs to work with me and my coaches" or something to that effect. I think Lampard/Jodi had penned him as "the new Bryson" trade off of workrate for limited abilities which Cocu just doesn't see as worthwhile (pure speculation on my part)

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

will be interesting to see what happens with both Bielick and Huddlestone in midfield. Looking forward to seeing both Lowe and Malone in the team although like against west brom i worry this could have an issue with width again. 

Waghorn and Lawrence are both going to move into the centre. No idea why we persist with wingers when we dont have any. Width is always going to be provided by the fullbacks with this squad.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hopefully it's one defensive midfielder and Huddz is as deep lying playmaker rather than 2nd CDM

I agree. I think a few are assuming otherwise but I think it's an attacking selection not a conservative one. Bringing Clarke back in to help with the direct stuff gives me a bit more confidence too. I think he'll prosper with Bielik shielding the back four and might be tailor made for this kind of game. Overall I'd say the line up is about as attacking as we can get right now and we have a bench that can hurt a team with tiring legs.

Wittering on a bit now but think Dowell might also prosper in a team that is more solid in midfield. He's been getting pelters but I've a hunch that Bielik might be key to a good few improved performances, a la Eustace, Thorne etc.. Dowell has a lot of technical ability and my instincts tell me he can show a deal better with the right players around him. In all honesty, only bummer is Jayden still not fit but I might be eating my words a little later!

COYR

Archived