Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt exactly call that "interesting news". If Bogles not fit other than Holmes we dont really have anyone else who can play there and Holmes needs to be in midfield. Although i suppose if Forsyth is fit enough it would at least strengthen the left hand side a bit if we still play Lowe on the right.

I'm not sure i'd bring Wisdom back in for Cardiff and i definitely wouldnt bring him back in for Leeds. 

At least our winger is fit though. This might be his chance to get his first successful cross of the season in. 

Interesting Cocu mentioned the “short history” between the two clubs, and that they realise it makes it a “bigger” game. 

I assume he’s referring to Snowgate? Are either set of fans bothered about this? Hadn’t even crossed my mind, to be honest.

Wonder if Cocu’s mentioned it to get onside with the fans a bit more, due to the bad PR from appearing to ignore the Forest rivalry in the cup?

Based on who is available it will be probably       

Roos

lowe Keogh Clarke Malone   

Belick

Knight Dowell 

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

i would go with 

Roos

lowe Keogh Clarke malone 

Belick    

Dowell Shinnie 

waghorn Marriott Lawrence 

I wouldn't play 4-3-3, I dont know why we persist with it when we dont have the players to play that formation (good out and out wingers). Giggs plays Lawrence in the 10 role so maybe we should stop playing him out wide? 2 up top with someone in behind will do nicely.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I wouldn't play 4-3-3, I dont know why we persist with it when we dont have the players to play that formation (good out and out wingers). Giggs plays Lawrence in the 10 role so maybe we should stop playing him out wide? 2 up top with someone in behind will do nicely.

The problem is and has been for a long time now that we don’t have any quality wide men. No player for the last few seasons has been a nailed on started out wide. We lack a player who can make the wide spot his own. 

19 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The problem is and has been for a long time now that we don’t have any quality wide men. No player for the last few seasons has been a nailed on started out wide. We lack a player who can make the wide spot his own. 

Lawrence isn't a winger - he needs to be playing in the middle to be effective. Zoon hasn't had a successful cross this season and he doesn't really score, so not much use. Bennett again to me seems like he'd be more suited centrally. Paterson maybe, but not seen much of him.

In reality We need the width to be supplied by our fullbacks, but really we need Bogle back for it to be effective. Lowe is doing fine on the wrong side, but it would work much better with Lowe and Bogle both playing natural positions. Hopefully Bogle isn't out for too many more after Cardiff.

Personally I don't think we can base any attacking strategy on our fullbacks providing most of the creativity,  Liverpool do it but they have world class fullbacks with amazing delivery and the pace and stamina to get up and down and we don't.  Bogle is a good fullback at this level, but is not good enough to base our attacks on him too much and that was part of our downfall at Wembley with Wilson cutting inside to much and Cole staying back and making the team unbalanced,we also don't have any left backs with consistent delivery or the ability to get up and down effectively so we can't rely on them too much for chances created,. Having 2 strikers will force us to play quicker and more direct which will suit us better than passing around aimlessly and then getting countered, Holmes and Bielik would be my pairing as they compliment each other, I don't want to see Huddlestone or Dowell anywhere near the team.

I think a 442 would be our best bet, with 

Roos

Lowe  Keogh Clarke Malone

Lawrence/Jozefoon Bielik  Holmes Paterson

Marriott Waghorn

or Lawrence in behind Marriott with Waghorn wide if the front 2  isn't working., I think Lawrence contributes precious little on the wing but it is a toss up between him and Jozefoon on who would play on the right, maybe Lawson will eventually get to play if our wingers poor form continues.

Archived