Bwash_Ram

17 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Holmes Shinnie 

Waggers Marriott Lawerence 

Horse for courses here.

Shinnie in to deal with their physical presence and be the battling midfielder. He will also be useful because if they sit in, as you need someone who can move the ball from side to side to pick the space.

Holmes to try get between the lines.

Marriott to try stretch them at any opportunity to create the space for Holmes. 

Waghorn and Lawerence to come inside and pick the space between the lines when they can. 

Bogle and Lowe need to hold their width to stretch the defence and help us pick the gaps.

If we move the ball quickly and be patient we will win this game. This requires all the fans to get behind the lads and not moan the first time one of our attacks hits a dead end.

COYR

Is Shinnie capable of this though ? 

Honestly if you are after a tough tackling midfielder who can move the ball quickly, I'd opt for Sibley.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully everyone is back fit for this. 

If they are I think a 433 is viable because you get the width from Bogle and Lowe/Malone which means it's ok for Waghorn and Lawrence to tuck in.

Personally I'd opt for a 352. Our best players out wide are all full backs and I think giving them freedom could pay dividends. Also it allows to play 2 up whilst retaining a strong midfield presence and not having to resort to a diamond (personally I think diamond is a very very difficult system to get right and wouldn't want to rely on it). 

Roos*

Keogh Clarke Buchanan**

Bogle           Bielik               Lowe

Holmes    Knight 

Mariott    Waghorn 

*Not opposed to seeing Hamer 

** Buchanan because I think he's more suited to drifted across to cover the wb and has pace to recover if we get stretched. 

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Is Shinnie capable of this though ? 

Honestly if you are after a tough tackling midfielder who can move the ball quickly, I'd opt for Sibley.

I suppose you could stick Knight’s name in the hat too. All very good options but I felt an experienced head might be useful against a physical team. 

19 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I suppose you could stick Knight’s name in the hat too. All very good options but I felt an experienced head might be useful against a physical team. 

I get where your coming from but personally I think it's more important we move the ball positively and have a lot of attacking movement. Personally if everyone is fit I'd opt for Bielik - Holmes - Knight 

I'd really like to see Bielik starting in the CDM role where he can exert far more influence. Whilst Clarke did make a few errors prior to being dropped, he can't simply have become a bad player and with Jayden and Max either side  of him and Keogh, we should have a balanced back 4 combines a solid defence with  attacking fullbacks.

I'd also rather not see Tom Lawrence on either flank. Let's play him through the middle just in behind Waghorn and Marriott . Assuming all are fit, this would be my starting 11 for the Cardiff game.                          

Roos

Bogle                      Keogh                       Clarke                          Lowe

Holmes                        Bielik                         Knight

Lawrence 

Waghorn                  Marriott      

Got to get Clarke back in the side. Looked a promising partnership with Keogh, but needs time like Tomori last season. He looked shaky at the start but both were formidable by the end. Your CBs have to stay constant, imo. Needs to be strong - it’s the base of your spine (your arse?). 

This is the last game we need at the moment I think really. We all know what Warnock's sides bring to the table and for a side low on confidence this will be a difficult one. I think Roos needs leave the first 11 with keogh and clarke as the CB partnership. Huddlestone needs dropping for Bielik in defensive mid as huddlestone simply doesn't possess the mobility to cover that area especially with a high pressing game. I'd like to see a diamond formation with the players we have it just seems to fit better than a 4-3-3 when all our wide players are bang average. 

Cocu needs time...lots of it with this squad. Unfortunately the games are boring...if they were exciting high scoring games but the same results as have happened i think people would be a lot happier with the football. The Cardiff match being on the telly on a friday night i think is a recipe  for  a poor attendance.

Roos

Bogle     Keogh      Clarke    Lowe

Bielik

Holmes         Shinnie

Lawrence

Waghorn          Marriott

Bench: Hamer / Malone / Hudds / Knight / Paterson / Bennett / Martin

On 06/09/2019 at 18:39, superzak said:

Cocu needs time...lots of it with this squad. Unfortunately the games are boring...if they were exciting high scoring games but the same results as have happened i think people would be a lot happier with the football. The Cardiff match being on the telly on a friday night i think is a recipe  for  a poor attendance.

Hopefully a better atmosphere though 

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Roos

Bogle     Keogh      Clarke    Lowe

Bielik

Holmes         Shinnie

Lawrence

Bench: Hamer / Malone / Hudds / Knight / Paterson / Bennett / Martin

I put martin were waghorn is and put waghorn on the bench.

Roos

Bogle (if fit - if not, Holmes)     Keogh      Clarke    Lowe

Bielik

Holmes (if Bogle not fit, then Dowell)         Shinnie

Lawrence

Bench: Hamer / Malone / Evans / Knight / Paterson / Bennett / Martin

Did we not play and beat Cardiff the day we sacked Pearson? Now I'm not advocating sacking Cocu on the day of the game, far from it. I'm pretty sure that a lot of us didn't give us much chance of winning that day but we some how managed it so I reckon on that premise that we can pull a rabbit out of the hat for this one. Well that's my happy clapping thoughts anyhow.

I remember that game. I was still in Chepstow at the time do it was a no brainer to go along to, bug I remember seeing online something breaking about him being suspended and just being overjoyed and just knowing a nightmare was about to end.

I think nick blackman scored in that game, I remember max Lowe being fantastic, and amazing support from rams fans that evening. I think Chris Powell was amazingly dignified in a difficult situation as well.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I remember that game. I was still in Chepstow at the time do it was a no brainer to go along to, bug I remember seeing online something breaking about him being suspended and just being overjoyed and just knowing a nightmare was about to end.

I think nick blackman scored in that game, I remember max Lowe being fantastic, and amazing support from rams fans that evening. I think Chris Powell was amazingly dignified in a difficult situation as well.

He always is. The recent 2-part interview with Rams TV was excellent- such a modest, funny and engaging bloke.

5 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Did we not play and beat Cardiff the day we sacked Pearson? Now I'm not advocating sacking Cocu on the day of the game, far from it. I'm pretty sure that a lot of us didn't give us much chance of winning that day but we some how managed it so I reckon on that premise that we can pull a rabbit out of the hat for this one. Well that's my happy clapping thoughts anyhow.

It was more than that - it was a Blackman goal a penalty in added on time I think it bounced twice on its way in 

Archived