v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Give youth a chance. Yes. But play them in a team with experience to help them out. I can't think that Hughes and Hendrick played because they were youth, but because they were good.

And it's the same tonight ! Do you think Cocu would have picked the players tonight if they weren't good enough ? Philip Cocu ? We're not messing around with non league managers here . 

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lrm14 said:

He's been employed to get us out of the Championship (eventually) and develop our youth. No way has he been employed to do well in the immensely prestigious Carabao Cup.

Also just to point out to the absolute wet lettuces who are throwing a wobbly, Forest have sent their reserves out too. It just so happens that their squad is a lot deeper than ours.

I agree with you, but sending out the kids, some of whom have hardly any first team experience straight into a Forest away game isn’t developing anything, could possibly regress some of our players psychologically if we end up on the end of 5-0

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If anyone genuinely cares about kopping some mild banter over a football match of minor importance then perhaps football isn't for you? Maybe try following something less stressful like professional knitting or competitive staring contests?

No I care about kopping getting beat by F*rest.

10 minutes ago, Justa said:

I’m more than happy to stick by Cocu but I’m not so sure about people who seem perfectly ok to be 2-0 down against Forest ! 

I’m no wrist slasher but surely people can voice there concerns here ? Better than doing it at the game...

Not read one post which says it's ok to be 2-0 down, or have I missed them?

8 minutes ago, Justa said:

I’m more than happy to stick by Cocu but I’m not so sure about people who seem perfectly ok to be 2-0 down against Forest ! 

I’m no wrist slasher but surely people can voice there concerns here ? Better than doing it at the game...

There’s a difference between voicing concerns and being hysterical about it though.

the point that we’ve not won since Huddersfield so should be playing a strong team to get a win and get confidence up is a valid one.

Why is it that people seem quite happy to talk about patience, transition, blooding youth, so on and so forth before the season starts and then completely lose their **** when we lose a game or two.

I think it’s a bit soon to be losing faith with the manager.  For once, let’s recognise that this a marathon.  NaturaL to be upset about losing, but rational constructive criticism is surely the way to go, rather than rants.

Archived