v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

4 hours ago, superzak said:

we are poor ,no better than under the last 5 managers...so what ,we are a championship side, we will be in this league for another 12 years...who wants to be thrashed week in week out by the likes of liverpool and man city

You're a championship poster on that performance. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This season has started pretty much exactly as I expected.

Slow improvement in performances. Players roles becoming clearer and more defined. Youth getting their chance steadily and staking a claim for the match XI.

We are a project that is right in its infancy. I really think that second half of this season, or even next season, we are going to be a force in this division: Norwich-style.

Glad to see so many people seeing the same things. Back Cocu. Back Mel. Back the club. Back the future!

A great post mate, and yes most fans who understand the game, can see the direction we are moving in, we have some great young players coming through, signing great young talent like Bielik, who will become a crowd favourite in time, and Rooney to come in, and he will give the younger players so much good advice,he will also lead by example,  and also he will be a class act at this level, exciting times ahead for all rams fans.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps Cocu isn't convinced he will be able to do it at a much higher level ?

Do you really believe that the Championship is a higher level than the SPL ,rubbish. There are at least 3/4 teams in the SPL that would survive easily in the Prem, Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeen and Hibs

45 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Do you really believe that the Championship is a higher level than the SPL ,rubbish. There are at least 3/4 teams in the SPL that would survive easily in the Prem, Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeen and Hibs

Only Celtic would have a realistic chance of surviving a season in the Prem. 

Aberdeen are swimming in the same pool as we are, as Lowe and Bryson illustrate

I really can't understand the negativity i have seen posted today.I am not interested in comparisons with last season, that's gone, i am certainly not interested how good Chris Martin was 4 or 5 seasons ago and deserves another chance,no, if he's not good enough now then he doesn't that's football,that's life, it moves on.I am interested in the now under a new manager. I have faith that Cocu will achieve what he has been tasked to do and that ultimately is to get us into the Prem.So long as we see improvements month on month and we are moving forward with decent football. I don't want us to get promotion this season and do what we did last time, get up and straight back down. I want to see Cocu build a solid team that once we get there  moves forward and stays there.Take his time in the transfer market over 2 or 3 windows and make sure he gets the right players on board, players of a better quality to replace Lawrence.Huddlestone who i don't think would cut it in the Prem. Another 18 months and the youngsters he has shown faith in mature and play with confidence and ability and become a force to be reckoned with and at the same time other talented youngsters Wassell is blooding appearing on Cocu's radar.

To me he won't have failed if he doesn't get us into the top Six so long as we see a good strong team base being built that has the ability to push on. 

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

A great post mate, and yes most fans who understand the game, can see the direction we are moving in, we have some great young players coming through, signing great young talent like Bielik, who will become a crowd favourite in time, and Rooney to come in, and he will give the younger players so much good advice,he will also lead by example,  and also he will be a class act at this level, exciting times ahead for all rams fans.

Rooney giving advice to younger players wow ?. Advice on what? Boozing? Brothels? Granny’s?. What a role model ?

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Celtic maybe (but would be a yo-yo club) the other 3 no chance. 

8 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

I’m confused!? Wasn’t it Lawrence driving in the box that set up a sitter for Bennett who in turn fired wide? Why should he take note when he did exactly what Waghorn did?

You're right of course and I missed that. Lawrence frustrates me because he has the ability to change matches single-handedly but rarely does it. I was so excited after the Huddersfield game as I thought the real Tom has arrived.

Yesterday was a match made for him with the extra space to play in so I was rather disappointed with his overall performance. He has moments but over 90 minutes there just isn't enough effort for me.

I have always backed him to come good but I think he needs to step up and be that player we all think is in there. 

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

In the Prem ? are you being serious or just being sarcastic? Aberdeen and Hibs would not survive in the Championship. Look at their player budgets. How would they survive in the Prem on League 1 finances. Fair play though that did make me chuckle ?

7 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

This is obviously impossible to prove....but looking at the facts? That Lowe did so well would suggest where the level is. Bryson would not get into any Premier League team. Naismith us still doing the business there! Shinnie had come to us and can't get a game currently when we are struggling in his position. Van Dijk was the anamoly who was patently head and shoulders above the rest.

Player-wise the standard is lower end Championship top-end League 1. Watching a few games I would say the standard is closer to League 1.

Whether they could raise their level is up for debate, but Celtic apart they are Championship teams at best. 

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

This is obviously impossible to prove....but looking at the facts? That Lowe did so well would suggest where the level is. Bryson would not get into any Premier League team. Naismith us still doing the business there! Shinnie had come to us and can't get a game currently when we are struggling in his position. Van Dijk was the anamoly who was patently head and shoulders above the rest.

Player-wise the standard is lower end Championship top-end League 1. Watching a few games I would say the standard is closer to League 1.

Whether they could raise their level is up for debate, but Celtic apart they are Championship teams at best. 

Unfortunately it is simply down to finances and tv revenue. The SPL gets a pittance compared to us in the Championship, yet alone the English Prem. It really is on a different scale. I don't agree with it and don't think it is good for the game but that is the reality. Despite reasonable attendances Aberdeen and Hibs have the revenue on a par with League 1 teams in England, have League 1 player budgets and so unless their Managers can produce miracles that is the sort of level that they perform at. As for the bottom 6 in the SPL, teams like St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock (I saw in the first week that 2 games had attendances of just over 2,000, less than the tv game at Stockport in the National League down here) finances are more akin to League 2/National League teams in England as they get little gate revenue either. Shame, but the reality I am afraid. So to argue that Hibs and Aberdeen could hold their own in the Prem is laughable, not sure that was a serious comment mind.....did make me larf though.....

12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Are you drunk mate, how the hell can you judge Cocu on 5 games, you my friend need to get some perspective on the game, judge the club on the whole, exciting youngsters coming through, signing younger players with something to prove Marriott, Bielik, Holmes and Evans, trying to play the game in the right way, today's starting eleven had a average age of 24, this season will get better, after watching the game for 40 years you can see we are not far off a good team, a few tweaks here and there and we will be in a positive place come May time. In Cocu we 

Sorry all i have to admit i was at an house party watching the game so i did imbibe a small amount of the amber nectar lol. It was the terrible cocu substitutions that had got me goat lol apologies

4 minutes ago, superzak said:

Sorry all i have to admit i was at an house party watching the game so i did imbibe a small amount of the amber nectar lol. It was the terrible cocu substitutions that had got me goat lol apologies

That don't explain the vast number of other negative posts from  you . 

8 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Maybe not Aberdeen and Hibs but if Celtic and Rangers had access to the money premier league teams did, I’d argue they’d be pushing the top 6 premier league teams. There would be no need for them to sell the likes or Van Dijk, Wanyama or Tierney. They’d be a very competitive team and for sure teams wouldn’t like going to Celtic Park because of its hostile atmosphere 

Archived