v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Ok I'll take over the reins see if I can get a bit of momentum going. Still winner stays on ? 

Games coming thick and fast , beauty of the championship , can wrong your writes quickly , fingers crossed. 

3 5 2 for me 

Roos 

Keogh.      Davies.      Clarke 

Lowe                                          Buchanan 

Knight.         Bielik

Lawrence

Waghorn.            Marriott

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Ok I'll take over the reins see if I can get a bit of momentum going. Still winner stays on ? 

Games coming thick and fast , beauty of the championship , can wrong your writes quickly , fingers crossed. 

3 5 2 for me 

Roos 

Keogh.      Davies.      Clarke 

Lowe                                          Buchanan 

Knight.         Bielik

Lawrence

Waghorn.            Marriott

I agree with the formation and Marriott starting and Malone not but Dowell has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped? He was trying to create tonight but it didn’t come off, he try’s to get us going in the right direction but the runs aren’t always there

I just want to see a team that gets our two best strikers playing together whether it’s the 3 at the back or diamond formation. Rather than Davies I wonder if it would be worth putting in another midfielder like Shinnie in to get the team higher up the pitch and finish with a formation similar to Leeds away in the 4-2 win.

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I agree with the formation and Marriott starting and Malone not but Dowell has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped? He was trying to create tonight but it didn’t come off, he try’s to get us going in the right direction but the runs aren’t always there

Didn't think he did anything that wrong tonight or right really . Just really rate Knight , playing beyond his age , looks so composed on the ball and moves it with more urgency and Bielik for the steel in midfield whilst still always looking for the forward pass. 

Hamer

Keogh         Bielik           Clarke

Bennett       Evans          Shinnie        Lowe

Lawrence

Marriott        Waghorn

No idea what Evans has done to be dropped imo.

19 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

He was crap, if I had a drink every time he lost the ball I would be dead with alcohol poisoning right now. I'm not going to completely right him off as he clearly has talent if he has played for England Under 21s and was deemed good enough by Cocu, but If that doesn't warrant being dropped I don't know what does. His confidence looks shot, maybe being taken out the team for a few games would be good for him, and then he could come back better after the international break.

8 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Hamer

Keogh         Bielik           Clarke

Bennett       Evans          Shinnie        Lowe

Lawrence

Marriott        Waghorn

No idea what Evans has done to be dropped imo.

Perfect line up I reckon, maybe swap Bielik and Evan so Bielik can drive the team forward from midfield but other than that it looks good.

Holmes, ideally needs to play. Sawyers can't be afforded the freedom of the pitch. He's a player that doesn't get many goals or assist, but he's influential. It's another tough game. 

Roos; Jozefzoon, Keogh, Bielik, Clarke, Lowe; Evans, Holmes, Dowell; Waghorn, Marriott. 

Zahore will cause problems upfront, but at least he isn't blessed with loads of pace which caused chaos tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Holmes, ideally needs to play. Sawyers can't be afforded the freedom of the pitch. He's a player that doesn't get many goals or assist, but he's influential. It's another tough game. 

Roos; Jozefzoon, Keogh, Bielik, Clarke, Lowe; Evans, Holmes, Dowell; Waghorn, Marriott. 

Zahore will cause problems upfront, but at least he isn't blessed with loads of pace which caused chaos tonight. 

Would love to see Holmes start. But he's only played 45 minutes of U23 football since last season. So it's unlikely. Hopefully he'll be on the bench though.

We need to build a team around him and Marriott in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Would love to see Holmes start. But he's only played 45 minutes of U23 football since last season. So it's unlikely. Hopefully he'll be on the bench though.

We need to build a team around him and Marriott in my opinion.

Marriott needs to show a lot more before we build a team around him IMO. 

No doubting his quality, he's absolutely one of the most talented players I've seen in the last decade, but I've seen more talented players fall by the way side because of other issues. 

If he put his head down, really backed himself, he could be earning over £100k a week somewhere else - arguably much more. He's got that much ability. If I was his agent, I'd be on at him big time because I'd be in for a huge payday with a player of that quality. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Marriott needs to show a lot more before we build a team around him IMO. 

No doubting his quality, he's absolutely one of the most talented players I've seen in the last decade, but I've seen more talented players fall by the way side because of other issues. 

If he put his head down, really backed himself, he could be earning over £100k a week somewhere else - arguably much more. He's got that much ability. If I was his agent, I'd be on at him big time because I'd be in for a huge payday with a player of that quality. 

I agree. He's one of the most talented players we've had at this football club in the last decade. He's a natural goalscorer.

Exactly the reasons we build a team round him. First name on the teamsheet every week.

I ducking hope some of our injured players are back:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Clarke Lowe

Bielik Evans

Holmes Lawrence Waghorn 

Marriott 

duck width because Derby haven’t scored from a cross since about 1980. May as well not bother and just go more through the middle. Get the rabbit in the headlights out of left back, the tractor out of CDM, the pansy out of CAM and dumb and dumber out of RW and we might have half a chance.

I really like the look of WBA. They were my pre season tip for champions. Bilic is too good to be managing in the Championship and they have the kind of well balanced side that can challenge. Pace, power and athleticism all over the park and clever game changing players in key areas.

I think they are playing us at a good time. It’s a shame this game isn’t in October or November when we have settled down.

The one thing that worries me about us is the way we are putting such a burden on Marriott.

He’s a good player and an excellent finisher, but is he going to make such a huge difference if the rest of the team is not functioning well? I think we’re expecting too much.

Roos

Keogh       Bielik       Clarke

josefzoon   Knight       Dowell         Lowe

Lawrence 

Marriott      Waghorn 

bench: hamer, malone, Davies, Evans, Holmes, Paterson, Bennett

Think this will be the line-up going forward, Bogle in for FloJo, Holmes in for knight when fit, also means we can change to a 4-1-2-1-2 when attacking with bielik coming forward. Got to get both Marriott and Waghorn on the pitch at the same time.

Huddlestone needs to be dropped, far too slow in his movement and decision making. 

I really dislike 4-2-3-1, I don't think it suits us. I'd like to see a 3-5-2.

Roos

Keogh             Bielik             Clarke

Jozefzoon    Knight  Evans   Lowe

Lawrence

Marriott                           Waghorn

Roos

Lowe - Keogh - Clarke - Malone

Bielik - Dowell - Holmes

Jozefzoon - Marriott - Lawrence

I think we’ll stick with the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and see how we match up to WBA and see if we can correct the midfield balance without resorting to playing 3 at the back.

With Marriott and Waghorn, I think it’ll be one or the other. Purely because if we play them both from the start and it doesn’t work, we then don’t have anyone who can affect the game coming off the bench. 

Bogle in for Lowe if fit. Lowe to left back if Bogle is fit. Knight in for Holmes if Holmes is not.

Archived