Jamie Paterson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he looked like he a tidy player. Has a good touch and the ball sticks to him well. Looks like he could be a good player for us, though was overplaying attimes yesterday and running into trouble- could just be first game nerves though.

Weirdly though, he looked like he suited midfield when he came on, despite being out of position. He almost looks a little like a Duane Holmes type rather than a winger.... maybe he’ll solve that problem for us, but still leave us lacking in wide areas? I’m not so sure he’ll be the one to bag us double figures from wide, he hasn’t done it often in his career.

12 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Like others have mentioned, very much Jamie Ward esque.

Was a shame that he got booed more than cheered when he ran on though.

This must depend on where you were sat as all I heard was generous applause. No boos. Nada.

Everyone seemed supportive round me in south upper. I think he’s a very good champ player. Mentioned before, could never understand why forest let him go when they did and don’t fully understand why Bristol loaned him to us either. Hope once he gets into his stride he can cause problems down the wing. 

Could prove to a very good loan for us, think he will play on out wide on Tuesday, allowing Lawrence to play behind the forward, with Lawrence and Paterson exchanging position at times to confuse there markers, love the fact he has a bit of Jamie Ward about him, will get the winner against Forest, then the chant will be Jamie Paterson is a ram, is a ram, he hates Forest, that would shut the dogs up.

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Where abouts were you sitting ?

No boos at all from the east stand, nothing but applause and encouragement . 

Maybe it was the Swansea fans you were hearing ? 

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Absolutely did not hear any boos from where I was sitting. Were you at the same game? No one else seems to have heard them. 

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely did not hear any boos from where I was sitting. Were you at the same game? No one else seems to have heard them. 

Wouldn't say the boos were louder than the applause but definitely a few near us in the North east corner.

Wasn't mad about his recruitment but if Derby fans were booing him (and by most accounts very few were) I despair. If a player disrespected the shirt or made it clear he wasn't interested in putting in a shift, he might get a few choice words from me but apart from that I can't really understand it given he is now a Derby player until January, at least. You don't have to like him, just don't be a rick about it!

As for his performance, I'm eating a bit of humble pie today as wasn't that fussed in that I didn't see him as a big step up, but I have to admit he looked sharp and slotted in comfortably and gave the Swans a few problems and headaches. His dig at Derby I also see in a different light now as he's clearly a total wind-up merchant. He was irritating the duck out of Swansea yesterday with his antics which did actually make me smile given the way many of their team were going down under the slightest touch as if shot by snipers.

Archived