Jamie Paterson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning match today, grew and grew into it as the match went on and he gained more confidence. Pretty much every touch was golden- created so many chances. Always thought he looked like he had some good technical ability in his locker in his limited appearances so far, but he seemed a little ineffectual our wide. Seemed to lack the pace and directness to cause too many problems out there and ended up isolated. Looked so much more suited playing centrally today with more players around him, some Great one touch football linking with Martin and Holmes especially. Worked his arse off pressing all game as well, and won a lot defensively too. 

Definitely a CM based on what I’ve seen so far, surprised he’s played more outwide in career. Might have a decent midfield partnership finally there with Holmes, both were excellent with Paterson putting in the best midfield performance I’ve seen in a long time (not hard) and our best individual performance all season (again not hard). Trouble is, leaving him there leaves us very short outwide with Josefzoon still struggling. If we free up some wages from this weeks incidents, then a quality free agent winger may be a good shout so we can convert Paterson long term to a CM.

10 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I like him - reminds me a fair bit of Jamie Ward.

Tricky but got a bit about him as well. Not afraid to get stuck in and snaps into tackles. Vocal as well - especially when we conceded, he was still talking a lot and trying to get others going.

I picked up on that as well.... he was trying to keep the lads heads up with his “gee’ing up”. He’s really come to the party. Great show lad.

Just a word for his post match interview too, when he first came here really sounded like he wasn't fussed about being here, rather happy to be away from Bristol. 

Today he definitely sounded like one of our own, plus his play today reflected that. He made a special mention for Chrissy Martin, makes me wonder whether those two will form a partnership like the Bryson/Martin pairing of the past. 

He was fantastic. The “hate Derby” comments riled a lot of people up but you can tell that’s not actually the case, and if it is, he’s professional enough to not show it.

On that performance, he’s our best winger. Creative, able to take a man on with ease and when he went through on goal I was just waiting for the net to ripple, couldn’t see him missing that.

I’ll take harmless silly comments over certain actions we’ve seen. He could prove to be a very important signing this season.

I thought Jamie Paterson was excellent in the No10 role, particularly in the 2nd half my MOM by some distance.

He seems to have a great first touch, good vision and passing ability. If he can find the consistency in that role he could turn out to be the signing of the season.

Hopefully the loan agreement included the option to buy for a nominal fee....

4 hours ago, chadlad said:

I thought Jamie Paterson was excellent in the No10 role, particularly in the 2nd half my MOM by some distance.

He seems to have a great first touch, good vision and passing ability. If he can find the consistency in that role he could turn out to be the signing of the season.

Hopefully the loan agreement included the option to buy for a nominal fee....

Swap for Lawrence 

29 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Not sure his performances will keep them both out , I think her majesty may sort that out.

Omg what they are being knighted? Still with some of those that pick up knighthoods im not surprised 

8 hours ago, Kernow said:

He was fantastic. The “hate Derby” comments riled a lot of people up but you can tell that’s not actually the case, and if it is, he’s professional enough to not show it.

On that performance, he’s our best winger. Creative, able to take a man on with ease and when he went through on goal I was just waiting for the net to ripple, couldn’t see him missing that.

I’ll take harmless silly comments over certain actions we’ve seen. He could prove to be a very important signing this season.

I think that was more "banter" than anything, he played for Forest at the time. I could well have imagined Ward (for example) saying something like that about Forest whist he was with us (not saying he ever did) but he ended up playing over there. Fans lap that that sort of thing up, but when it comes to doing the job it's always the best thing to pull for the team you're playing in. Even Pat Bamford played well in the 5-0 deforestation and he's a bamford.

On 29/09/2019 at 11:17, RamLad1884 said:

Today he definitely sounded like one of our own, plus his play today reflected that. He made a special mention for Chrissy Martin, makes me wonder whether those two will form a partnership like the Bryson/Martin pairing of the past. 

Not a bad suggestion. Paterson seems to have good energy levels and his confidence will improve with game time. 

Archived