Jamie Paterson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I feel like the Rooney deal drained a lot of resources. Everything after that seemed rushed and slightly panicked. 

I don't know why you'd sign Paterson. If Bristol City felt comfortable enough to send him on loan to a promotion rival, that says it all.

Why not go for a player like free agent Ben Marshall? (can play RB as well which would have been useful recently)  

Cardiff signed Bryson on Loan, but yeah come to think of it they must have had a terrible season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2019 at 15:56, RoyMac5 said:

Makes you wonder how awful does JoFlo have to be?!

I didn't see much of Jozefzoon prior to his arrival, just went on others comments. Seems to me like it's just not happening for him and  his DCFC career is going the same way as that of Abdoul Camara. 

27 minutes ago, europia said:

I didn't see much of Jozefzoon prior to his arrival, just went on others comments. Seems to me like it's just not happening for him and  his DCFC career is going the same way as that of Abdoul Camara. 

Yep. He's now had a relatively good few chances and has he managed to cross the ball past the first man very often, or beat his man, etc...doesn't track back much (think of the stick Lawrence gets). I guess he gets his place because of lack of competition but he really is Ordinary.

4 hours ago, europia said:

Can't claim not to have been given his chance.  There's a player there somewhere but we likely won't see it.

I think part zoon probleams he sometimes he tries to be to clever for own good. He looks for pass thats not on and sometimes he needs to take players on look to knock through a players leg and charge pass that player or sometimes he takes to many players and then thats when he loses the ball.

Josefzoon looks like a player who only knows what he’s doing right now. He doesn’t strike me as being someone who knows what he will do next.

Paterson is a smarter player. He hasn’t fired yet but I liked him at Bristol City and I reckon he could force his way into the team again.

13 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To be fair, whilst I know he's had his fair share of chances from the start, FloJo looked unreal when he come on on the left against Cardiff.

So he had a good game? I was on my hols for this match, how did he do. Or did you mean he was unreal? That I believe as I don't remember him putting in more than one ball into the box that reached a Derby target. And for folks who think Martin can't run well FloJo ain't FloJo!

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So he had a good game? I was on my hols for this match, how did he do. Or did you mean he was unreal? That I believe as I don't remember him putting in more than one ball into the box that reached a Derby target. And for folks who think Martin can't run well FloJo ain't FloJo!

FloJo wasn’t great against Leeds. Just suggesting that substitute appearances may be deceiving.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was absolutely fantastic today. How he didn’t get MOTM I don’t know.

A goal and assist performance from the return of Chris Martin is always going to win the in-stadium MOTM award, tbf ? 

Paterson was our MOTM, and he and the staff will know it - the awards more for the narrative.

Archived