Jamie Paterson

On 29/09/2019 at 10:17, RamLad1884 said:

He made a special mention for Chrissy Martin, makes me wonder whether those two will form a partnership like the Bryson/Martin pairing of the past. 

Funny you should say that, I said to my mate on Saturday that Pato was playing like peak Bryson... long may it continue!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely brilliant tonight. Drifted past players like they weren't there, made aggressive runs forward, was always hungry for the ball. He's really coming into his own, and combines really well with Chris Martin. Would be pleased if we signed him. 

On 29/09/2019 at 10:17, RamLad1884 said:

Just a word for his post match interview too, when he first came here really sounded like he wasn't fussed about being here, rather happy to be away from Bristol. 

Today he definitely sounded like one of our own, plus his play today reflected that. He made a special mention for Chrissy Martin, makes me wonder whether those two will form a partnership like the Bryson/Martin pairing of the past. 

Starting to think a lot of people will warm to Jamie, as his loan wears on. Him and Martin are intelligent players so should work well together.

Downside is Brizzle may end up recalling him at this rate in January.

Proper baller Paterson is turning into. Him and Martin are almost telepathic, like they were born to play together. Certainly need to nurture that partnership. Him and Holmes seem to have provided much needed creativity in the middle of the park and gone some way to fixing our midfield- judging by social media, those 2 are good mates from their time at Huddersfield, so they should have a decent partnership as well. Think those 3 are 100% the players to build our attack around, and the reason why we’ve started to look to have more threat the last few games.

Need to sort the mess at the other end of the pitch out now. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Proper baller Paterson is turning into. Him and Martin are almost telepathic, like they were born to play together. Certainly need to nurture that partnership. Him and Holmes seem to have provided much needed creativity in the middle of the park and gone some way to fixing our midfield- judging by social media, those 2 are good mates from their time at Huddersfield, so they should have a decent partnership as well. Think those 3 are 100% the players to build our attack around, and the reason why we’ve started to look to have more threat the last few games.

Need to sort the mess at the other end of the pitch out now. 

Funny how it was the other way round at start of the season

What formation did we play tonight?

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Funny how it was the other way round at start of the season

What formation did we play tonight?

Innit, tho I think that’s because we played a couple of toothless teams more than anything. 

Looked 433 with Holmes and Paterson the middle two, the latter more advanced

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Innit, tho I think that’s because we played a couple of toothless teams more than anything. 

Looked 433 with Holmes and Paterson the middle two, the latter more advanced

Cant wait till summer when we have a good cm with beilik

Holmes - Martin- Waghorn will look tasty 

Rooney in behind with beilik sitting, 

On 02/10/2019 at 22:07, Zag zig said:

Starting to think a lot of people will warm to Jamie, as his loan wears on. Him and Martin are intelligent players so should work well together.

Downside is Brizzle may end up recalling him at this rate in January.

yeah,still not his biggest fan but being proved wrong here aint i ?

On 03/10/2019 at 00:55, Millenniumram said:

Yes has to be considered in context. Birmingham and Barnsley are very poor sides. Formations aside, we weren't able to dominate either of these two teams who will probably be in and around the bottom 6 for most of the campaign. 

I love watching players like him who have so much aggression (in a good way), intensity and defensive workrate, he makes everyone around him try that little bit more. He’s starting to become a real favourite of mine. I hope we sign him permanently. Would be typical for Bristol city to recall him just when he’s hitting form, just like Liverpool did with Ibe, I think he has a re-call clause that can be activated in January?

Archived