Jamie Paterson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

He was irritating the duck out of Swansea yesterday with his antics which did actually make me smile given the way many of their team were going down under the slightest touch as if shot by snipers

The one right at the end gave Adrian a run for his money, he needed a keep net is was floundering so much.

Hobbled 5 yds off, then sprinted to come back on the pitch straight after.

Jamie, and I call him that only to convince myself he's Jamie Ward, did well and looked sharp, and was noticeable for his applause towards the fans come the end of the game.

20 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The one right at the end gave Adrian a run for his money, he needed a keep net is was floundering so much.

Hobbled 5 yds off, then sprinted to come back on the pitch straight after.

Jamie, and I call him that only to convince myself he's Jamie Ward, did well and looked sharp, and was noticeable for his applause towards the fans come the end of the game.

Didn't clock that. It seems I've got him wrong. Nice to hear anyway.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Wasn't mad about his recruitment but if Derby fans were booing him (and by most accounts very few were) I despair. If a player disrespected the shirt or made it clear he wasn't interested in putting in a shift, he might get a few choice words from me but apart from that I can't really understand it given he is now a Derby player until January, at least. You don't have to like him, just don't be a rick about it!

As for his performance, I'm eating a bit of humble pie today as wasn't that fussed in that I didn't see him as a big step up, but I have to admit he looked sharp and slotted in comfortably and gave the Swans a few problems and headaches. His dig at Derby I also see in a different light now as he's clearly a total wind-up merchant. He was irritating the duck out of Swansea yesterday with his antics which did actually make me smile given the way many of their team were going down under the slightest touch as if shot by snipers.

I suppose it was where he played but you’re right, he slotted in, overplayed it a bit perhaps but kept the ball has a touch. Bit of a terrier, liked the look of him. Tidy and plenty of zip 

4 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Where abouts were you sitting ?

No boos at all from the east stand, nothing but applause and encouragement . 

Maybe it was the Swansea fans you were hearing ? 

North upper. The boos were very audible, may be the pocket of folk I was sat amongst, but it was more booing than cheering.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

I was sat in West Stand Upper. They don't seem to do boos up there. Or applause either, judging from those around me. 

You need to update your profile from north stand block c.

19 hours ago, Ramos said:

Everyone seemed supportive round me in south upper. I think he’s a very good champ player. Mentioned before, could never understand why forest let him go when they did and don’t fully understand why Bristol loaned him to us either. Hope once he gets into his stride he can cause problems down the wing. 

Depends if you want a winger who tracks back and helps his fullback, can tackle and can cross a ball. He's more suited to playing just behind a target man and running on to knock downs, lay offs, probably be ok behind a Chris Martin of several years back. We've got a couple of upgrades on him now so surplus to requirements. Hopefully for you he can be more consistent than he was for us.

22 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

A couple of Bristol City fans reckon he's never a winger, more of a midfielder

Hi. City fan here. Not been on since you were gonna sign Kodjia for £2m in 16/17!!! ?

Re Paterson - “Pato”

He is not a traditional midfielder, nor a winger, he is best deployed in a free role / off of a striker, akin to a no10. He has played wide plenty of times but he himself prefers to play advanced centrally.  He was at his best playing no10 to Bobby Reid in 17/18...in a 4411.

Technically he is excellent. Two proper feet, can strike happily off either with little backlift. 

Has a tendency to want to beat his man again and again and can miss opportunities to get shot off or make the telling pass. 

Has been inconsistent at City and Forest previously. On his day a very tidy player, just doesn’t have enough days, and even within games can flit in and out.  Brilliant but frustrating and a target for the boo boys at times at City. 

Will do his share of the work off the ball but you’ll never see anything other than a leg dangled in. 

Off the pitch a funny guy who’ll be good around the training ground. 

If consistent you’ll have a fine player, but hud career has been about inconsistency. 

I thought he looked completely lost and totally ineffective on Saturday.

But it was his debut and I would imagine he has only had one or two training sessions with the lads, and perhaps Cocu hasn’t yet made it clear where he fits in and what he wants from him.

Let’s hope he improves.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But it was his debut and I would imagine he has only had one or two training sessions with the lads, and perhaps Cocu hasn’t yet made it clear where he fits in and what he wants from him.

Let’s hope he improves.

If that, to be honest. He didn't arrive until 7pm on Thursday and I think training sessions on a Friday tend to be more tactics based than proper training.

I didn't think he was all that bad - a few nice touches - I just felt it was difficult for him to be involved.

I haven't seen as much of him before as others. But I thought it was slightly odd that he was brought on to play as a 10 whilst Lawrence sat out on the wing. I'd have liked to have seen the two swap positions, if I'm honest.

Lots more to come, could be a decent player. Like others have said, not entirely dissimilar to Jamie Ward. Gives us a different option to Jozefzoon, Lawrence and Bennett etc.

20 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Let’s hope he improves.

I agree. I have no idea what people saw to warrant such effusive praise. He played like someone who didn't know his team mates and struggled to see much of the ball because of that. As you say, that's perfectly understandable and I'm certain there's better to come from him.

Archived