v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielik is a monster. Would def prefer to see him in midfield. Skips past players with ease and passing is risky but accurate. Makes everything look easy, just puts you on edge a little when as a cb he takes on his man with no one behind haha. Knight excellent, Lowe decent and Buchanan looked comfortable at left back too. 

Have to highlight the best bit of play from tonight: Evans' cheeky chest pass to wing. Absolutely marvelous!

Besides that, changed the game today and was excellent whole 45 he played. We were much more in control whole second half.

Job done, onto the next one.

Ps. I think I'm gonna like this new manager of ours. 

Paul Green did well enough for us. He always worked hard and seemed to give his all in my opinion. Chris Porter always tended to put the ball in the net when he had a 1-2-1 on a breakaway with their keeper. Not sure why I remember this, but I do.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's one of the most aggressive players you'll see isn't he.

Where some hard players will love a good 50:50 and some players would leave a foot in... he goes full on when the odds are stacked against him!! 

I laughed but he will end up injuring people with his tackling and it does him and us no good when he goes flying into stuff he can't win. 

Excited about him. But I can see why he's not getting a start. 

Have to agree on Sibley. Needs to calm his jets a bit. There's a real player there but he'd be a liability right now. Knight and Buchanan looked to the manor born though. Knight in particular looks a real player to my eye.

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

He only has a left foot.

Which means naturally he wants to move inside to beat his man, which then means we lose our width. He also has no ability to cross the ball around the box on his right foot, which again means he has to cut inside, where sometimes you don't have the time to do so. 

I don't dislike the guy at all, but playing a player with no right foot at RB has so many disadvantages. All he's bought so far is tenacity. 

Not saying this isn't true but FFS try to temper your opinion with something positive for a change?

Tonight was a game to showcase what the young lads could do, not criticise them for the things thay can't yet do.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Where some hard players will love a good 50:50 and some players would leave a foot in... he goes full on when the odds are stacked against him!! 

I laughed but he will end up injuring people with his tackling and it does him and us no good when he goes flying into stuff he can't win. 

Spot on.

Really he needs to curb his recklessness or risk building a bad reputation, when clearly he’s far more talented than than a thug footballer; he actually moved the ball quickly a couple of times.

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I kinda like he's got that edge to him to back his ability. It needs taming down a bit because it's a bit too much right now but it's shows he's not going to be bullied when he makes the step.

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Have to agree on Sibley. Needs to calm his jets a bit. There's a real player there but he'd be a liability right now. Knight and Buchanan looked to the manor born though. Knight in particular looks a real player to my eye.

This worried me at the Girona game and reading the comments tonight reinforces it. .. tricky one. Aggression is very useful at this level, he is clearly skilled and a right dynamo but won’t do us any good if he sees red too often .. word in an ear please gaffer. 

5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Bogle news?

Cocu says not good weeks not months at least two or three games out. That Cocu impressed me. He said makes no difference if you are 18 or 20 or 35 if you are doing it you will be in the team. The young guns look like our equivalent of the gang of 92 at Utd.

Knight was very good and Bielek is like a Rolls Royce. Stimacesque with his calmness. Thought Lowe did well and Buchanan grew into the game. Good to get Marriott minutes. The older heads were steady. Still concerned that this group lacks the spark but in saying that Holmes is still missing.

15 minutes ago, jono said:

This worried me at the Girona game and reading the comments tonight reinforces it. .. tricky one. Aggression is very useful at this level, he is clearly skilled and a right dynamo but won’t do us any good if he sees red too often .. word in an ear please gaffer. 

You're right but a certain Mr Rooney was the same at his age and he turned out to be fairly decent.

Archived