v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My “poor lineup” remark continues onto Saturday then. Didn’t have the chance to listen as I am currently away fishing for the week in France, but followed on my phone. By what people are saying on here Bieliek  played a stormer. I really want shinnie to kick on at Derby. Fantastic for the young lad to get the goal tonight. 

Up the rams ? 

7 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Dead right. That’s what the manager has said isn’t it. He’s got some players who are close to starting so he’s had a look at them. Some seem to have done themselves no harm. 

Well impressed with the youngsters tonight , from what I've heard on the commentary we have some good prospects breaking through. Fair play to Cocu et al for giving them their chance. Bodes well for the future ........the Derby way !!

Still undefeated. Some players looked very good today - hope they get a look in for the league - frankly i cant see how Dowell is going to get a game after tonight.

Hope we dont get Boro in the next round - oh wait they lost to Crewe at home - hahahahahahahah. Good start for them so far - loss, draw, loss.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Gibson set to sue Crewe for emotional damages after their penalty shootout loss.

It's hardly fair on Boro though. How can they compete with teams that egregiously flout the FFP rules to get Paul Green, Chris Porter and two academy lads to beat them on penalties?

Thought we played well. Had enough chances to get it done more comfortably. 

I know many consider Sibely to be worthy of a spot in the squad but I think it's when he doesn't have the ball that will be holding him back. He's a thug. Nasty little fella ?

I'm impressed by Evans so far. Real calm influence and often picks the right pass that creates some time and space for us. 

Shinnie showed he can play a bit. 

I think Lowe did very very well considering the situation. 

Good game, nice quick movement of the ball generally. It's that last 20 yards where there's a rushed cross/shot that you can tell we lack that quality we have in other areas. 

Great performance, especially considering this is our "B Team". My player reviews below:

Hamer looks great with his feet. Played reassuring one touch passes with both feet and looks alright under pressure. Saved a great shot on goal but not enough chances from Scunthorpe to really judge his shot stopping.

Lowe was competent at right back, and throughout the game all the best stuff happened on the right flank, though we did run into dead ends a lot due to being too narrow in the opposition box. Davies was strong and confident, playing simple passes, looks a safe back up in case we have any injuries.

Bielik looks an absolute boss, I'm excited to see how he develops. Breaks up play, brushes off pressure and can suddenly ramp up speed, drop his shoulder and go past players. Lost count of the amount of times he looped a ball over to a free Max Lowe. If he plays DM with Clarke at CB then attackers will have hit brick walls all season long. 

Buchanan looked a great option at left back. Doesn't seem to be a defender who charges to the byline all the time despite his goal. Tends to sit just ahead of the half way line and play penetrative inside passes, almost like a third CM. Is handy for games where we'd dominate possession.

Knight has to be up there for replacing Dowell! So so impressed with his play. Never lost the ball, can ride challenges and knows when to pass and when to drive forward. His decision making is incredibly mature, nothing seems too rash. Shinnie was fantastic too, played at the start as a 10 player, always first thought was playing quick forward passes through to the forward line. Seems to have a nice passing range and his dead ball kicks are mostly precise. 

Max Bird played it tidy through out the first half but Evans was the better option tonight. Broke up play with his height, laid the ball off and burst forward. Sibley was rash, definitely does not care that he's a youth player going against men. Playing rough and showing whos boss and doing what he wants. In my opinion, currently too raw to play. Charges toward the ball too much where moving into a better position is a better choice.

Paterson and Bennett were frustrating. No end product despite the energy they used up. Not sure if he's an upgrade over Josefzoon. Marriott pestered the back line and carried the ball from our half on counter attacks with energy throughout the 90 but ultimately scuffed his chances. Whitaker not on long enough to have an opinion really.

2 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

I have a feeling we're not gonna concede many this year. We're very well organised, even this B team. If we can unlock defences and score, we're in for a good season. 

I’ll temper that with Scunny apparently had no strikers once that kid went off injured; well that’s what the locals around me were saying.

When Adam Hammill is your main option I’d believe them.

That said it was just good seeing a B team do a job with so many youngsters. 

Archived