v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Don’t see the reason with Bielik at CB, makes no sense he needs to play in midfield, that’s where we need him not CB we have Clarke and Keogh for that role. I know fitness this and that but play a player where he’s going to play..

Is it confirmed that he's playing at CB? Looking at the starting XI I would expect (right to left) Lowe - Buchanan - Davies - Shinnie.

With Bird and Bielik making the two in a 4-2-3-1 set up. 

30 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why would we need Shinnie at left back when, as you've said, we already have two fit left backs? Makes no sense.

Buchanan & Lowe are the full backs in this line up, probably Lowe at right back.

He may be a better left back than what we have currently got and be unlikely to get much game time in midfield can Buchanan play CB as well? Or is he an out and out fullback?,

The trouble with a game like this is that Cocu is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He can't really win in situations like this.

Even if we were to win 3-0 with the current line up and everyone comes through it unscathed, someone is bound to say 'It would have been 6-0 if Hector-Ingram had played.'

Personally I think an early exit could be a blessing in disguise tonight. We put a lot into our cup runs last year and it was enjoyable, but perhaps it led to us running out of steam from December through to April.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

He may be a better left back than what we have currently got and be unlikely to get much game time in midfield can Buchanan play CB as well? Or is he an out and out fullback?,

Buchanan is primarily a centre back but can play left back.

Radio has confirmed it is as I said:

(R to L) Lowe, Bielik, Davies, Buchanan

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Jack's off with a foul..............

Theres a Perch playing for Scunthorpe - that isn't James Perch ex-Forest and Newcastle is it?

Bit fishy if it is.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Buchanan is primarily a centre back but can play left back.

Radio has confirmed it is as I said:

(R to L) Lowe, Bielik, Davies, Buchanan

Buchanan also just ran to the centre of the 6 yard box while Marriott advanced into the box with the ball, unable to find him with the pass.

Carried in his confidence from youth games has Buch ? 

Shinnie's looked good so far.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Lowe also just ran to the centre of the 6 yard box while Marriott advanced into the box with the ball, unable to find him with the pass.

Carried in his confidence from youth games has Buch ? 

Shinnie's looked good so far.

Where are you watching? 

Just now, Carnero said:

Where are you watching? 

Made a trip to Europe, as usual.

Side note I meant Buch not Lowe, have updated the post you quoted.

Archived