v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

It frustrates me, seemed to be developing the best partnership with Marriott and hasn't been given a first team opportunity ? 

Hopefully Marriott and Waghorn stay fit otherwise we're without a striker. Bennett for me isn't a striker. 

I’m Not sure you could class one game against some pub level side the best partnership, but I know what you mean

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Haha. The Chris Martin lovers having an absolute meltdown.

I can't see one post which suggests someone is having a meltdown,  expressing disappointment is hardly a meltdown.

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think Shinnie might be playing left back to test him out for that role as Malone or Lowe might be playing right back if Bogle is out for a while, with Beilik CDM.

Why would we need Shinnie at left back when, as you've said, we already have two fit left backs? Makes no sense.

Buchanan & Lowe are the full backs in this line up, probably Lowe at right back.

So Cocu pre match says he’s taking this very seriously and then changes 11 positions? Sorry, but will hold more respect for you if you say that you want to win but I’ll be swapping players out.

Moan over, let’s hope Marriott can bag a few tonight and hope to see Sibley on the pitch at some point.

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Shame about Martin not being involved as it probably means he is off on loan or sold somewhere unless of course he is injured, I think we will need him still.

interesting team for tonight but we seem to be lacking anyone to hold the ball up?

giphy.gif.9ed625a00122cf6cf56db2846120c738.gif

7 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Don’t see the reason with Bielik at CB, makes no sense he needs to play in midfield, that’s where we need him not CB we have Clarke and Keogh for that role. I know fitness this and that but play a player where he’s going to play..

I agree but think tonight is about getting the engine warmed up so don’t stress too much ?

Hamer
Lowe Buchanan Davies Shinnie
                   Bielik
          Knight        Bird
                Paterson
          Bennett   Marriott

OR

Hamer
Buchanan Bielik Davies Lowe
                      Bird
              Knight   Shinnie
Paterson                       Bennett
                  Marriott

OR

Hamer
         Buchanan Bielik Davies
Lowe                Bird              Shinnie
             Knight      Paterson
             Bennett     Marriott

?‍♂️

Interesting and great to see so many academy players, anyway.                 

14 minutes ago, Pottig said:

It's not bad. If you're after real ale then Friar Street is your best bet. It's right in the middle of town, but then again most places worth drinking in in Worcester are fairly close together. I like the Hand in Glove which is at the end of Friar Street just over the main road. From there you'll probably want to go to the Cardinal's Hat, and then continue along Friar Street onto New Street where there's The Pheasant and the King Charles Pub (he hid there after losing the Battle of Worcester to Cromwell) right next to each other. I used to work at the Swan with Two Nicks, which is right between the two. Used to do some good ales in there also but since I've left it's gone into new ownership and I think it's more of a bistro place now. Would also recommend the Old Rectifying House, which is a bit of a walk away from those pubs but it's situated right on the river and has a lovely cocktail bar upstairs and does good grub (I believe it's a Michelin star place, could be wrong). Also the Diglis House Hotel which is a 5 minute walk down river to the south and has a nice garden there right on the banks. Ye Olde Talbot, on the corner of Friar Street next to Hand in Glove, and Heroes bar a little further down are also good places for a drink, but the latter has more of a youth scene I think (I'm 25).

Anyway, Worcester will sort you for an afternoon easily. ??

Appreciate that mate, will make a note of those, most in Beer Guide I think but I’ll follow up your info. Top stuff! Not sure yet when I’ll go, report back when I’ve had success ?

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why would we need Shinnie at left back when, as you've said, we already have two fit left backs? Makes no sense.

Buchanan & Lowe are the full backs in this line up, probably Lowe at right back.

Isn’t Buchanan a right back? Why would Lowe play right back.

1 minute ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Hamer
Lowe Buchanan Davies Shinnie
                   Bielik
          Knight        Bird
                Paterson
          Bennett   Marriott

OR

Hamer
Buchanan Bielik Davies Lowe
                      Bird
              Knight   Shinnie
Paterson                       Bennett
                  Marriott

OR

Hamer
         Buchanan Bielik Davies
Lowe                Bird              Shinnie
             Knight      Paterson
             Bennett     Marriott

?‍♂️

Interesting and great to see so many academy players, anyway.                 

Or

Hamer

lowe.    Davies.  Buchanan.    Shinnie

Bielik

.            Knight.     Bird

Bennett.    Marriott.   Paterson

Archived