v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only really disappointing thing about Lowe being at RB is when he finds space alongside the box he has to cross with his right foot.

Lowe is SUCH a good crosser of the ball... with his left.

Shinnie's corner is the best delivery of a corner I've seen (by Derby) in about 5 seasons, but Bielik is just underneath it. 

Knight with a decent shot, well saved. 

Ball goes back to Derby on the left wing, but they cant create a second opportunity. @Shang did it go for a corner? Didnt think it had. 

3 minutes ago, Shang said:

Bird seems to be dropping back as a third centre back as Davies and Bielik press up as when we've got the ball we're pretty much on the half way line. Sibleys game is bursting forward and driving the ball towards the goal, so we'd be left more exposed.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Different positions. Sibley is basically competing with Knight

I get that Bird can play deeper, just thought that we could play Sibley and Knight further forward with Shinnie dropping back if Sibley was better regarded. Obviously the massive caveat is that I don't see them training everyday. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Lads... whilst I also want Lowe to be a success .... he really isn't competent at RB.

I disagree, he gives a lot of energy pushing forward and has looked one of our better players. Very similar to Bogle and would of course be much better on the left.

Has the beating of his man comfortably too.

All the academy lads are looking good.

Wonderful play. Shinnie lifts it over to Bennett, through on goal 6 yards out, who for some reason doesn't shoot, tries to square it to Marriott who is smothered by defenders and cant get there.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Knight with a decent shot, well saved. 

Ball goes back to Derby on the left wing, but they cant create a second opportunity. @Shang did it go for a corner? Didnt think it had. 

To be fair I'm watching an extremely blurry stream.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The only really disappointing thing about Lowe being at RB is when he finds space alongside the box he has to cross with his right foot.

Lowe is SUCH a good crosser of the ball... with his left.

Shinnie's corner is the best delivery of a corner I've seen (by Derby) in about 5 seasons, but Bielik is just underneath it. 

That’s the best comment I have read all night ! ( Shinnie and corners)

Archived