Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Have a look out to Balloch just by Loch Lomond and get the train in from there. Good bars and great views of the first Munro you can climb while you’re there!!!

A night or 2 on Cameron house. Just the ticket. 

Night out in Glasgow was an experience. Spent an hour or two in a Spoons, eventually moved because there was supposed to be a better chance of pulling in another bar. Walked in, dropped my pint, looked down to watch it bounce up and splash in my face. Made an absolute fool of myself. Safe to say, there was no chance of a pull in that bar.

Went back to the Spoons with my tail between my legs. Ending up dancing with a 41 year old, who I reckon I could have got somewhere with if my lot hadn’t have told me that they were leaving. I didn’t fancy making my way back to the hotel on my own so I swiftly departed.

Got back to the hotel bar. If I may say so myself, I was extremely smooth with some middle aged women, who were celebrating one of their numbers’ birthdays. Foolishly, I got my hopes up, but those hopes were quickly dashed when they left before I had finished my pint.

All in all, a deeply frustrating yet enjoyable night. It’s strange to think that we’ve still got a game to watch tomorrow.

Special mentions to the extremely welcoming Scottish people (apart from the dhead bouncers) and the ridiculously sickly deep-fried Mars bar that I sampled tonight.

We do love an away day. Especially a boozy one. COYR.

Edit: The Rangers bar near Ibrox is top class. They have framed pictures of Ted McMinn and Waggy in there.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Night out in Glasgow was an experience. Spent an hour or two in a Spoons, eventually moved because there was supposed to be a better chance of pulling in another bar. Walked in, dropped my pint, looked down to watch it bounce up and splash in my face. Made an absolute fool of myself. Safe to say, there was no chance of a pull in that bar.

Went back to the Spoons with my tail between my legs. Ending up dancing with a 41 year old, who I reckon I could have got somewhere with if my lot hadn’t have told me that they were leaving. I didn’t fancy making my way back to the hotel on my own so I swiftly departed.

Got back to the hotel bar. If I may say so myself, I was extremely smooth with some middle aged women, who were celebrating one of their numbers’ birthdays. Foolishly, I got my hopes up, but those hopes were quickly dashed when they left before I had finished my pint.

All in all, a deeply frustrating yet enjoyable night. It’s strange to think that we’ve still got a game to watch tomorrow.

Special mentions to the extremely welcoming Scottish people (apart from the dhead bouncers) and the ridiculously sickly deep-fried Mars bar that I sampled tonight.

Edit: The Rangers bar near Ibrox is top class. They have framed pictures of Ted McMinn and Waggy in there.

Home to early matey.  Only just past the witching hour .  Wake up one your mate's and force him to get up and head back out .  The one that's passed out with there clothes still on will be the best choice - saves time .

Handy list of dos and don'ts

Do say:

Hello, Hello

Don't say:

Top of the morning to ye, for tis a grand day when the good catholic lord shines down on the emerald isle

Do say:

Well, Celtic might have got 8 in a row, but for 4 of those they didn't have to play the Rangers

Don't say:

Well, Celtic might have got 8 in a row, but for 7 of those they didn't have to play the Rangers

Do say:

Step up and play

Don't say:

It's a grand old team to play for

Do

Be named William, bill, Will, Billy

Don't

Be named Tim, Patrick, Paddy, anything "O' "

Be aware:

The "correct" lyrics to "follow follow" go "Dundee, Hamilton, Rangers getting humped again"

The role of Antichrist is jointly shared by Nicola Sturgeon, Neil Lennon and Scott Brown, although the Antichrist is on record saying he finds comparisons to Scott Brown quite demeaning.

A "chibbing" is not something you want if offered.

A roll and sausage isn't the same as a sausage roll. (I've tried telling them it's a cob, i really have)

Mary from Maryhill isn't a real person

FTP isn't a file transfer.

Yes, Glasgow has it's rough parts, and problems, but I really enjoy the place and the people. No one gets (generally) hassled for being English, you will however, get hassled for being a walloper.

Glasgow is immeasurably better than Edinburgh. Unless you like you senses being overwhelmed with Bamfords and Americans.

For further information on Glasgow, and Scotland in general, search for:

Still Game, Limmy's Show, Chewing the Fat, Only an Excuse, Scotch and Wry, Just Another Saturday, My Name is Joe, Taggart.

To get you all in the mood:

And

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Home to early matey.  Only just past the witching hour .  Wake up one your mate's and force him to get up and head back out .  The one that's passed out with there clothes still on will be the best choice - saves time .

@DarkFruitsRam7 as the man above says, head to the Corinthian club. 

7 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

@RadioactiveWaste, brilliant. Sums up the West of Scotland to a T. Put a smile on my face.

The only bit missing is the current rumour about the home team needing some quick cash and arranging friendlies to make some more £ to keep the wolves (mike ashley) at bay.......?

I hadn't heard that one, but given the £600m extra tax bill he's stumbled upon I can well believe his "generosity" towards rangers may have evaporated.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That's very specific. Did you ask her her age? Could be where you were going wrong.

3 hours ago, Pottig said:

That's very specific. Did you ask her her age? Could be where you were going wrong.

There's definitely a theme I've noticed with these tales and I think you may be right with that point ?

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Got back to the hotel and couldn’t believe the time. We did start very early to be fair.

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You’re Mike Skinner and I claim my £5.

Hahaha what a story

spacer.png

?

Archived