Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I did my own research in the end - how many starting the game are first teamers anyone know?

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Helander, Katic, Barisic; Kamara, Docherty, Davis; Arfield, Jones, Defoe.

SUBS: Firth, Edmundson, Goldson, Ojo, Flanagan, Halliday, Aribo, Morelos, Polster.

Is that Jermaine Defoe playing for them? Thought he'd retired if it. The only other one of those I've heard of is Tavernier although that doesnt mean the rest aren't first teamers I just don't care about Scottish football.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jono said:

They've got a Docherty and a Kamara ! .. not sure if this is good news or not 

Glen kamara - one we were interested in apparently.

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I did my own research in the end - how many starting the game are first teamers anyone know?

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Helander, Katic, Barisic; Kamara, Docherty, Davis; Arfield, Jones, Defoe.

SUBS: Firth, Edmundson, Goldson, Ojo, Flanagan, Halliday, Aribo, Morelos, Polster.

They've rotated a few from their Europa League game but its not like they've put out an entirely second string eleven. Still a strong line up. 

Feel like Shinnie being left out might be down to the rivalry and Cocu might not want to rick him for more than 45 mins or at all. I like the idea of Bennett in midfield though by all accounts he played well there last week and I suppose he give us some much needed areal presence that we don’t get from anyone else, waghorn tries but Bennett is just better suited to it. 

Still Scott Malone isn’t good enough at the back, would prefer to see Fozzy back to fitness or Max Lowe given more of a chance. 

10 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Feel like Shinnie being left out might be down to the rivalry and Cocu might not want to rick him for more than 45 mins or at all. I like the idea of Bennett in midfield though by all accounts he played well there last week and I suppose he give us some much needed areal presence that we don’t get from anyone else, waghorn tries but Bennett is just better suited to it. 

Still Scott Malone isn’t good enough at the back, would prefer to see Fozzy back to fitness or Max Lowe given more of a chance. 

Shinnie missed 2 training sessions and a game due to his wife giving birth. He will be in for Huddersfield I imagine (if we dont sign anyone). 

Both teams comfortable on the ball in their own half, but immediately giving it to the other team upon trying to do something with it. ? 

First foray forward by Deby, Jozefzoon in space on the right and finds a decent cross but its cleared well. 

Decent stuff from Derby since then. Some cheeky interplay in and around Rangers box but nothings created a chance yet

Lawrence, in behind, should have tried to play Jozefzoon in, although it would have been a difficult ball, but he doesn't get his head up and instead gets turned around. Eventually giving the ball away

16 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Feel like Shinnie being left out might be down to the rivalry and Cocu might not want to rick him for more than 45 mins or at all.

Its a pre season friendly. I assume he's been left out as he's further behind in fitness than other players having missed some sessions due to the birth of his child. Also, he's arguably been out-performed in pre season by most of our midfielders, including Knight and Sibley (in my opinion at least). Not sure he makes our best XI at all. 

40 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Bit of a mix and match. Goldson / Morelos / Flanagan were 1st picks last season. Aribo and Oho have started the Euro games this season.

They have a size of squad that would make Mel Morris sweat at payday.  

Archived